Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Protection from Premium Rate Telephone Numbers.

Protection from Premium Rate Telephone Numbers.

Keith Gentle

Does anybody know of a program which offers the above facility.

sam

"Keith Gentle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HrJpb.27$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anybody know of a program which offers the above facility.

The easiest way I found was to have my telephone company
put a bar on outgoing calls to those numbers. It can be reversed
at any time.

Sam.

Barry OGrady

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:23:04 -0000, "Keith Gentle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anybody know of a program which offers the above facility.

What sort of protection do you want? Are they coming to your door and asking donations?

-Barry
========

Patrick

Barry OGrady wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:23:04 -0000, "Keith Gentle"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know of a program which offers the above facility.

> What sort of protection do you want? Are they coming to your door and
> asking donations?

Barry, you must be misunderstanding.
What happens is that someone without permission, or a 'dialler' gets
inadvertantly installed to a machine, and then dials out to a premium
(1/minute) rate number, costing the bill-payer money on thiere telephone
bill. The OP wants to know how to prevent said occurence (answer=contact
telephone provider).

--
PS your signature delimiter is useless, it needs to be
'--'+space+carriage-return (Enter)