Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Airplane

Airplane

Doug

How fast does the cheetah run?

Budweiser

short distance---up to 60mph

"Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsGEpb.7565$P%(E-Mail Removed) .com...
> How fast does the cheetah run?

°Mike°

Speed of a Cheetah
http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/AlexSchuster.shtml

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 03:03:49 GMT, in
<pGEpb.7565$P%(E-Mail Removed) >
Doug scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Harrison

Up to 70 mph.

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 03:03:49 GMT, "Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How fast does the cheetah run?

Billh

Here is one that runs at 10,000 rpm!

http://tomshardware.bizrate.com/mark...--6786286.html

"Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsGEpb.7565$P%(E-Mail Removed) .com...
> How fast does the cheetah run?

TRADESMAN

Doug wrote:
> How fast does the cheetah run?

On the subject of Airplanes, I've often wondered what ailerons move when a
Pilot calls* rotote * and pulls back on the controls?
With the sudden aircraft takeoff I would've thought that the movement would
have to be dramatic, but I've never been able to observe it.

The Old Sourdough

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:10:24 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
boggled at the following statement by TRADESMAN in message
news:bo7q4f$18u9t6$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de

> Doug wrote:
>> How fast does the cheetah run?

> On the subject of Airplanes, I've often wondered what ailerons move when
> a Pilot calls* rotote * and pulls back on the controls?
> With the sudden aircraft takeoff I would've thought that the movement
> would have to be dramatic, but I've never been able to observe it.

I think you're confusing ailerons with elevators. See here:

http://www.tpub.com/content/aviation...s/14014_81.htm

--
The Old Sourdough
No of SETI units returned: 2280

TRADESMAN

The Old Sourdough wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:10:24 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
> boggled at the following statement by TRADESMAN in message
> news:bo7q4f$18u9t6$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de
>

>> Doug wrote:
>>> How fast does the cheetah run?

>> On the subject of Airplanes, I've often wondered what ailerons move
>> when a Pilot calls* rotote * and pulls back on the controls?
>> With the sudden aircraft takeoff I would've thought that the
>> movement would have to be dramatic, but I've never been able to
>> observe it.
>>

> I think you're confusing ailerons with elevators. See here:
>
> http://www.tpub.com/content/aviation...s/14014_81.htm

Thanks for the info. I did mean elevators but couldn't think of their
correct name. At least I now know *how* I'm flying , if not *why*!

olfart

"TRADESMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bo8g9c$1bdagp$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> The Old Sourdough wrote:
> > On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:10:24 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
> > boggled at the following statement by TRADESMAN in message
> > news:bo7q4f$18u9t6$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de

> >> On the subject of Airplanes, I've often wondered what ailerons move
> >> when a Pilot calls* rotote * and pulls back on the controls?
> >> With the sudden aircraft takeoff I would've thought that the
> >> movement would have to be dramatic, but I've never been able to
> >> observe it.
> >>

> > I think you're confusing ailerons with elevators. See here:
> >
> > http://www.tpub.com/content/aviation...s/14014_81.htm

> Thanks for the info. I did mean elevators but couldn't think of their
> correct name. At least I now know *how* I'm flying , if not *why*!

"Rotate" means the aircraft has reached the required speed for takeoff.

Patrick

olfart wrote:
> "TRADESMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bo8g9c$1bdagp$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>>

>> The Old Sourdough wrote:
>>> On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:10:24 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
>>> boggled at the following statement by TRADESMAN in message
>>> news:bo7q4f$18u9t6$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de

>>> I think you're confusing ailerons with elevators. See here:
>>>
>>> http://www.tpub.com/content/aviation...s/14014_81.htm

>> Thanks for the info. I did mean elevators but couldn't think of their
>> correct name. At least I now know *how* I'm flying , if not *why*!
>>

> "Rotate" means the aircraft has reached the required speed for
> takeoff.

And thiere was me, thinking that it meant; 'time to recline your seat'