Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Word numbering

Word numbering

scribner

Word XP gives so few options as to numbering pages - for instance in writing
a long document I would prefer to number the pages -
1 of 50 - for instance/

Word Perfect offers so many more choices.

I am writing in Word XP now because of problems with Word Perfect documents
printing on my HP deskjet 940C which, like a moody child, locks up on me
every once in awhile.

thanks,
perila

Paul - xxx

scribner tried to scribble ...

> Word XP gives so few options as to numbering pages - for instance in
> writing a long document I would prefer to number the pages -
> 1 of 50 - for instance/
>
> Word Perfect offers so many more choices.
>
> I am writing in Word XP now because of problems with Word Perfect
> documents printing on my HP deskjet 940C which, like a moody child,
> locks up on me every once in awhile.
>
> thanks,
> perila

Try using the Header and Footer .. View - Header and Footer .. then editing
the Page No, No of pages etc to your hearts content ..

--
Digweed

scribner

Hi, thanks for trying to help me Paul, but it didn't work
Also, I must be thick headed - first I should have made the subject 'page
numbering' not word numbering.
Second, I went into headers and still couldn't find a way to use the
numbering option of - for instance - Page 1 of 50 - Page 2 of 50, etc.
perila

news:bo6mfr$196m9f$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...