Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Task Scheduler

Task Scheduler

AK

I never use the task scheduler, therefor would it be OK to remove it from
the start menu, and does the icons alongside the TS in the tool bar take up
much memory, 'sound-AVG.-firewall-etc? I only have 128k of memory and most
of it is used by goodness knows what?

olfart

"AK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tpspb.656$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I never use the task scheduler, therefor would it be OK to remove it from
> the start menu, and does the icons alongside the TS in the tool bar take

up
> much memory, 'sound-AVG.-firewall-etc? I only have 128k of memory and

most
> of it is used by goodness knows what?

Yes - but you will have to open Task Sceduler - go to advanced and click
"stop using task sceduler" or it will come back the next time you boot

AK

Thanks, I've been bugged by this for quite a while.
=======
"olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bo5kc5$17hp6c$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> "AK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:tpspb.656$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I never use the task scheduler, therefor would it be OK to remove it

from
> > the start menu, and does the icons alongside the TS in the tool bar take

> up
> > much memory, 'sound-AVG.-firewall-etc? I only have 128k of memory and

> most
> > of it is used by goodness knows what?
> >

> Yes - but you will have to open Task Sceduler - go to advanced and click
> "stop using task sceduler" or it will come back the next time you boot

Harrison

The task scheduler may be employed by antivirus software to obtain
auto updates, but otherwise it's safe to remove from the start up
group.
Some of the others use memory, but the volume control doesn't.
Play around with them and see if you miss them.