Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Could anyone help with epson stylus printing proplems.

Could anyone help with epson stylus printing proplems.

fokker

I have just connected my old epson stylus couler 550 back up to my comp,
but after installing the printer software and all of the drivers it will
not print. The problem is that when i go to print it out, the file is ready
to be spooled and then i get the error that the (file could not be found),
so i click ok then the printer status program opens. And this says that the
computer thinks the file is printing, but it wont finsh because it stops
spooling the file right at the end->(128Kb/129Kb complete then pause)as if
a part were missing, a thread or somthing, and nothing happens after this
it just wont print. Im using win xp pro edition with Kingston 128 mb ram,
T-BIRD motherboard with an epson stylus couler 550 via usb port. I have
checked through all the epson and windows help tools, and looked up on an
epson webpage but could not find anything. So if anyone could plz help i
would realy appriciate it.

Patrick

Thiere is no such printer as an Epson Stylus 550
Thiere is an Epson LX550, which is a dot-matrix impact-printer

Can you perhaps check the definition of the printer, and post back

fokker wrote:
> I have just connected my old epson stylus couler 550 back up to my
> comp, but after installing the printer software and all of the
> drivers it will not print. The problem is that when i go to print it
> out, the file is ready to be spooled and then i get the error that
> the (file could not be found), so i click ok then the printer status
> program opens. And this says that the computer thinks the file is
> printing, but it wont finsh because it stops spooling the file right
> at the end->(128Kb/129Kb complete then pause)as if a part were
> missing, a thread or somthing, and nothing happens after this it just
> wont print. Im using win xp pro edition with Kingston 128 mb ram,
> T-BIRD motherboard with an epson stylus couler 550 via usb port. I
> have checked through all the epson and windows help tools, and looked
> up on an epson webpage but could not find anything. So if anyone
> could plz help i would realy appriciate it.

fokker

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:%k7pb.848$382.574@newsfep4-
winn.server.ntli.net:

> Thiere is no such printer as an Epson Stylus 550
> Thiere is an Epson LX550, which is a dot-matrix impact-printer
>
> Can you perhaps check the definition of the printer, and post back
>
> fokker wrote:
>> I have just connected my old epson stylus couler 550 back up to my
>> comp, but after installing the printer software and all of the
>> drivers it will not print. The problem is that when i go to print it
>> out, the file is ready to be spooled and then i get the error that
>> the (file could not be found), so i click ok then the printer status
>> program opens. And this says that the computer thinks the file is
>> printing, but it wont finsh because it stops spooling the file right
>> at the end->(128Kb/129Kb complete then pause)as if a part were
>> missing, a thread or somthing, and nothing happens after this it just
>> wont print. Im using win xp pro edition with Kingston 128 mb ram,
>> T-BIRD motherboard with an epson stylus couler 550 via usb port. I
>> have checked through all the epson and windows help tools, and looked
>> up on an epson webpage but could not find anything. So if anyone
>> could plz help i would realy appriciate it.

Sorry about that, the printer has had the sticker removed. Its an epson
stylus color 580.

Patrick

fokker wrote:
> "Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:%k7pb.848$382.574@newsfep4- winn.server.ntli.net:
>
>> Thiere is no such printer as an Epson Stylus 550
>> Thiere is an Epson LX550, which is a dot-matrix impact-printer
>>
>> Can you perhaps check the definition of the printer, and post back
>>
>> fokker wrote:
>>> I have just connected my old epson stylus couler 550 back up to my
>>> comp, but after installing the printer software and all of the
>>> drivers it will not print. The problem is that when i go to print it
>>> out, the file is ready to be spooled and then i get the error that
>>> the (file could not be found), so i click ok then the printer status
>>> program opens. And this says that the computer thinks the file is
>>> printing, but it wont finsh because it stops spooling the file right
>>> at the end->(128Kb/129Kb complete then pause)as if a part were
>>> missing, a thread or somthing, and nothing happens after this it
>>> just wont print. Im using win xp pro edition with Kingston 128 mb
>>> ram, T-BIRD motherboard with an epson stylus couler 550 via usb
>>> port. I have checked through all the epson and windows help tools,
>>> and looked up on an epson webpage but could not find anything. So
>>> if anyone could plz help i would realy appriciate it.

> Sorry about that, the printer has had the sticker removed. Its an
> epson stylus color 580.

The point is, you must be using an XP (Win2000) driver for the printer?
I'm sorry I have no other suggestion apart from above.

An XP (Win2000) driver for said printer can be downloaded here;
http://www.epson.co.uk/cgi-bin/searchdrivers_eul.cgi

Thiere are two PDF (Adobe Acrobat Reader) documents available for download;
http://www.epson.co.uk/support/manua..._Daily_Use.pdf

and;
http://www.epson.co.uk/support/manua...etup_Guide.pdf

PS if you do not have 'Acrobat Reader' (for the PDF files) installed then it
can be downloaded free from;

Patrick

Patrick wrote:
> fokker wrote:
>> "Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:%k7pb.848$382.574@newsfep4- winn.server.ntli.net:
>>
>>> Thiere is no such printer as an Epson Stylus 550
>>> Thiere is an Epson LX550, which is a dot-matrix impact-printer
>>>
>>> Can you perhaps check the definition of the printer, and post back

>> Sorry about that, the printer has had the sticker removed. Its an
>> epson stylus color 580.

> The point is, you must be using an XP (Win2000) driver for the
> printer?
> I'm sorry I have no other suggestion apart from above.
>
> An XP (Win2000) driver for said printer can be downloaded here;
> http://www.epson.co.uk/cgi-bin/searchdrivers_eul.cgi

Sorry, above link seems not to work, try this one and enter the parameters
yourself;
http://www.epson.co.uk/support/download/

> Thiere are two PDF (Adobe Acrobat Reader) documents available for
> download;
> http://www.epson.co.uk/support/manua...or_580_Daily_U

se.pdf