Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Completely stuck with new Shuttle computer...

Reply
Thread Tools

Completely stuck with new Shuttle computer...

 
 
Harrison
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2003
Installing SP1 for XP will correct the 130 GB problem.

On 2 Nov 2003 06:20:10 GMT, "SR" <(E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp> wrote:

>Got a new computer... and nothing works as desired!
>Well, it's a "Shuttle clone" BIOSTAR iDEQ 200P. It contains an AMD Athlon 64
>3200+ and a 160 GB UltraATA 100 hard drive.
>The Bios shows 160 GB, but Windows XP sees and formats only 130 GB. Only one
>partitions since there was no choice.
>I selected NTFS format...
>Windows installed OK.
>Somebody told me to reinstall again, since Windows might now offer the
>creation of partitions. I did that and got the following message soon after:
>
>C:\Partition 1 [NTFS] 131062 MB
> Unpartitioned Space 8 MB
>
>Then I wanted delete the entire Windows program and start again.
>It says "To delete the selected partition, press D."
>I got a message that mentioned that I couldn't delete since there were some
>system files... whatever.
>Then I remembered that disks in NTFS format cannot be deleted like FAT 16 or
>32 format (read it somewhere).
>
>Now saying it in other words: I am stuck!
>
>How do I go from here?
>I have Windows XP Pro loaded and could proceed installing software on the
>existing 130GB.
>Which Windows compatible software is downloadable (commercial or free) that
>can erase the NTFS format to start from scratch; I have a USB memory stick?
>Or what do I need to do to get the remaining 30 GB recognized? I also have a
>180 GB hard drive which I'd like to add as a slave? Same problem as with the
>160 GB model.
>
>Have you got any magic up your sleeve on how to proceed?
>
>
>
>_________________________________________________ ______________________________
>Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
> <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
trout
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2003
°Mike° wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:41:47 -0600, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Mara scrawled:
>
>
> <snip>
>
>> Thanks. I *knew* it was legit, but there's been so much stuff
>> come down the pipe since that was published, and there have been so
>> many changes to computer hardware and software that's it's almost
>> mandatory to forget the obsolete stuff. ('Cept in °Mike°'s case, of
>> course - I don't think he ever forgets anything. <g>)

>
> Forgets what?


Forgets to put pants on.
--
"Or is that a casual, 'weekend' look?"


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2003
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 14:26:38 -0800, trout wrote:

>°Mike° wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:41:47 -0600, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Mara scrawled:
>>
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> Thanks. I *knew* it was legit, but there's been so much stuff
>>> come down the pipe since that was published, and there have been so
>>> many changes to computer hardware and software that's it's almost
>>> mandatory to forget the obsolete stuff. ('Cept in °Mike°'s case, of
>>> course - I don't think he ever forgets anything. <g>)

>>
>> Forgets what?

>
> Forgets to put pants on.
>--
>"Or is that a casual, 'weekend' look?"


I might remind you that this _is_ 24HSHD. The lack of pants is mandatory (except
on your head, of course.)

--
"No lusers were harmed in the creation of this usenet article.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2003
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 14:26:38 -0800, in
<bo40b3$16kng8$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
trout scrawled:

>°Mike° wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:41:47 -0600, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Mara scrawled:
>>
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> Thanks. I *knew* it was legit, but there's been so much stuff
>>> come down the pipe since that was published, and there have been so
>>> many changes to computer hardware and software that's it's almost
>>> mandatory to forget the obsolete stuff. ('Cept in °Mike°'s case, of
>>> course - I don't think he ever forgets anything. <g>)

>>
>> Forgets what?

>
> Forgets to put pants on.
>--
>"Or is that a casual, 'weekend' look?"


I've never heard it described like that before.

--
"Oh, 'weekend'! I thought you said something else..."

 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2003
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 17:08:45 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Mara scrawled:

>On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 14:26:38 -0800, trout wrote:
>
>>°Mike° wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:41:47 -0600, in
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> Mara scrawled:
>>>
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>>> Thanks. I *knew* it was legit, but there's been so much stuff
>>>> come down the pipe since that was published, and there have been so
>>>> many changes to computer hardware and software that's it's almost
>>>> mandatory to forget the obsolete stuff. ('Cept in °Mike°'s case, of
>>>> course - I don't think he ever forgets anything. <g>)
>>>
>>> Forgets what?

>>
>> Forgets to put pants on.
>>--
>>"Or is that a casual, 'weekend' look?"

>
>I might remind you that this _is_ 24HSHD. The lack of pants is
>mandatory (except on your head, of course.)


I thought that was underpants?

--
"You mean I've been nekid all this time for nowt!?"

 
Reply With Quote
 
William Poaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2003
It was on Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:29:56 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that °Mike° wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 17:08:45 -0600, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Mara scrawled:
>
>>On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 14:26:38 -0800, trout wrote:
>>
>>>°Mike° wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:41:47 -0600, in
>>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>> Mara scrawled:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> <snip>
>>>>
>>>>> Thanks. I *knew* it was legit, but there's been so much stuff
>>>>> come down the pipe since that was published, and there have been so
>>>>> many changes to computer hardware and software that's it's almost
>>>>> mandatory to forget the obsolete stuff. ('Cept in °Mike°'s case, of
>>>>> course - I don't think he ever forgets anything. <g>)
>>>>
>>>> Forgets what?
>>>
>>> Forgets to put pants on.
>>>--
>>>"Or is that a casual, 'weekend' look?"

>>
>>I might remind you that this _is_ 24HSHD. The lack of pants is
>>mandatory (except on your head, of course.)

>
> I thought that was underpants?


Yes, with the obligatory pencil in each nostril?
 
Reply With Quote
 
William Poaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2003
It was on Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:29:50 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that °Mike° wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 14:26:38 -0800, in
> <bo40b3$16kng8$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
> trout scrawled:
>
>>°Mike° wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:41:47 -0600, in
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> Mara scrawled:
>>>
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>>> Thanks. I *knew* it was legit, but there's been so much stuff
>>>> come down the pipe since that was published, and there have been so
>>>> many changes to computer hardware and software that's it's almost
>>>> mandatory to forget the obsolete stuff. ('Cept in °Mike°'s case, of
>>>> course - I don't think he ever forgets anything. <g>)
>>>
>>> Forgets what?

>>
>> Forgets to put pants on.
>>--
>>"Or is that a casual, 'weekend' look?"

>
> I've never heard it described like that before.


"Let it all hang out!"
 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2003
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:49:23 +0000, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
William Poaster scrawled:

>It was on Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:29:56 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
>large jam doughnut, that °Mike° wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 17:08:45 -0600, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Mara scrawled:
>>
>>>On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 14:26:38 -0800, trout wrote:
>>>
>>>>°Mike° wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:41:47 -0600, in
>>>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>>> Mara scrawled:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> <snip>
>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks. I *knew* it was legit, but there's been so much stuff
>>>>>> come down the pipe since that was published, and there have been so
>>>>>> many changes to computer hardware and software that's it's almost
>>>>>> mandatory to forget the obsolete stuff. ('Cept in °Mike°'s case, of
>>>>>> course - I don't think he ever forgets anything. <g>)
>>>>>
>>>>> Forgets what?
>>>>
>>>> Forgets to put pants on.
>>>>--
>>>>"Or is that a casual, 'weekend' look?"
>>>
>>>I might remind you that this _is_ 24HSHD. The lack of pants is
>>>mandatory (except on your head, of course.)

>>
>> I thought that was underpants?

>
>Yes, with the obligatory pencil in each nostril?


What if you don't have nostrils?

--
"I'll ask if I can have them fitted, the next time I'm in the shop."

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2003
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:29:56 +0000, °Mike° wrote:

>On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 17:08:45 -0600, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Mara scrawled:
>
>>On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 14:26:38 -0800, trout wrote:
>>
>>>°Mike° wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:41:47 -0600, in
>>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>> Mara scrawled:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> <snip>
>>>>
>>>>> Thanks. I *knew* it was legit, but there's been so much stuff
>>>>> come down the pipe since that was published, and there have been so
>>>>> many changes to computer hardware and software that's it's almost
>>>>> mandatory to forget the obsolete stuff. ('Cept in °Mike°'s case, of
>>>>> course - I don't think he ever forgets anything. <g>)
>>>>
>>>> Forgets what?
>>>
>>> Forgets to put pants on.
>>>--
>>>"Or is that a casual, 'weekend' look?"

>>
>>I might remind you that this _is_ 24HSHD. The lack of pants is
>>mandatory (except on your head, of course.)

>
>I thought that was underpants?


You mean to tell me that all this time that you've had your underpants on your
head you've been wearing regular pants anyway?!?

"Another dream, crushed to dust."



>--
>"You mean I've been nekid all this time for nowt!?"


There is never a good reason _not_ to be nekid. Unless it's too cold. Or
snowing. Or your Aunt is coming for a visit. Or your Mum's having her bridge
club meet at your house. Or....

"Ok, ya got me. Maybe there _is_ a reason not to be nekid. I'm not going for it,
though."

--
"No lusers were harmed in the creation of this usenet article.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
 
Reply With Quote
 
William Poaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2003
It was on Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:01:13 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that °Mike° wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:49:23 +0000, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> William Poaster scrawled:
>
>>It was on Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:29:56 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
>>large jam doughnut, that °Mike° wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 17:08:45 -0600, in
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> Mara scrawled:
>>>
>>>>On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 14:26:38 -0800, trout wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>°Mike° wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:41:47 -0600, in
>>>>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>>>> Mara scrawled:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> <snip>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks. I *knew* it was legit, but there's been so much stuff
>>>>>>> come down the pipe since that was published, and there have been so
>>>>>>> many changes to computer hardware and software that's it's almost
>>>>>>> mandatory to forget the obsolete stuff. ('Cept in °Mike°'s case, of
>>>>>>> course - I don't think he ever forgets anything. <g>)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Forgets what?
>>>>>
>>>>> Forgets to put pants on.
>>>>>--
>>>>>"Or is that a casual, 'weekend' look?"
>>>>
>>>>I might remind you that this _is_ 24HSHD. The lack of pants is
>>>>mandatory (except on your head, of course.)
>>>
>>> I thought that was underpants?

>>
>>Yes, with the obligatory pencil in each nostril?

>
> What if you don't have nostrils?


Use your ears?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
completely stuck on fileupload in griidview Stephanie ASP .Net 1 01-13-2009 06:04 PM
Re: VOIPfone down completely ... I mean very completely !! cjd UK VOIP 2 10-10-2008 01:17 PM
completely stuck Bill Cunningham C Programming 14 05-30-2008 09:37 AM
Re: Newbie, Cisco 877, ipv6, IOS, completely stuck News Reader Cisco 10 04-19-2008 04:51 PM
To Shuttle or not to Shuttle. Michael Computer Support 4 04-27-2004 09:11 PM



Advertisments