Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > InPort mouse...

InPort mouse...

Tony Cianfaglione

I picked up a used Microsoft mouse at a thrift store thinking it was a
PS/2 mouse but later I noticed the strange pin assignment. It's called
an InPort mouse and I've never heard of it before.

What machines use these strange devices?

Thanks...

°Mike°

Mouse Support for Nonstandard IRQs and IO Addresses
http://support.microsoft.com/default...kb;EN-US;97847

"SUMMARY
Microsoft Mouse version 9.0 drivers support standard serial
mouse ports and mouse ports that adhere to the IBM PS/2
standard. The drivers do not support nonstandard IRQs and
IO addresses for serial, PS/2, InPort bus board, or old-style
bus board (the precursor of the InPort)."

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 19:07:27 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Tony Cianfaglione scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Tony Cianfaglione" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> I picked up a used Microsoft mouse at a thrift store thinking it was a
> PS/2 mouse but later I noticed the strange pin assignment. It's called
> an InPort mouse and I've never heard of it before.
>
> What machines use these strange devices?

Anything with an InPort(tm) card installed.

Nothing without said InPort(tm) card installed.

RwP

Tony Cianfaglione

Howdy back...

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Ralph Wade Phillips wrote:

> > What machines use these strange devices?

> Anything with an InPort(tm) card installed.
>
> Nothing without said InPort(tm) card installed.

Where these proprietary cards for special purposes or just a general mouse
card (although I can't imagine why anyone would want a proprietary mouse
card when serial and PS/2 ports were so much handier and already
built-in)?

Mouser Mouser is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Cianfaglione
I picked up a used Microsoft mouse at a thrift store thinking it was a
PS/2 mouse but later I noticed the strange pin assignment. It's called
an InPort mouse and I've never heard of it before.

What machines use these strange devices?

Thanks...
Tony, these mice were used with older cards in the 1980. They were only made for a shor time. However, i am looking for a mouse like that. If you were going to sell it, how much would you want. Please email me