Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re:read blueyonder surfunlimited 13 subject about speed

Re:read blueyonder surfunlimited 13 subject about speed

Dwayne Taylor

Hi people when i conect to the internet useing my 56k modem yeh v92
sometimes i only get 38k out of my connection why? i am useing windows xp
home edition all my setting are right but my connection i am ment to be
getting 56k out of it thats what i am paying for most of the time i get 48k
but that isnt good enough for me i am paying 13 for 56k not 38k or 48k lol

please reply back people
from Dwayne Taylor

Patrick

Dwayne Taylor wrote:
> Hi people when i conect to the internet useing my 56k modem yeh v92
> sometimes i only get 38k out of my connection why? i am useing
> windows xp home edition all my setting are right but my connection i
> am ment to be getting 56k out of it thats what i am paying for most
> of the time i get 48k but that isnt good enough for me i am paying
> 13 for 56k not 38k or 48k lol
>
> please reply back people
> from Dwayne Taylor

I used to get 46K (or was it 44K) quite consistantly (freeserve), this I
considered pretty good.

Apparently some isp's (freeserve) don't support V92, thus the modem tries to
connect at V92, can't, so go's to a setting below V90 (or something). Thus
somehow if you could disable the V92 and have the modem go for V90.
Sorry, but as you may realise I don't *know* what I am gibbering about, but
perhaps you've got the idea of what I'm on about.

~Brihu~

"Dwayne Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:G4Pob.111$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi people when i conect to the internet useing my 56k modem yeh v92
> sometimes i only get 38k out of my connection why? i am useing windows xp
> home edition all my setting are right but my connection i am ment to be
> getting 56k out of it thats what i am paying for most of the time i get

48k
> but that isnt good enough for me i am paying 13 for 56k not 38k or 48k

lol

> Suggestion! Ask on the blueyonder support, or put you question into the

blueyonder feedback NG

why?

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 14:28:40 GMT, ~Brihu~ wrote:

>"Dwayne Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:G4Pob.111$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi people when i conect to the internet useing my 56k modem yeh v92
>> sometimes i only get 38k out of my connection why? i am useing windows xp
>> home edition all my setting are right but my connection i am ment to be
>> getting 56k out of it thats what i am paying for most of the time i get

>48k
>> but that isnt good enough for me i am paying £13 for 56k not 38k or 48k

>lol
>>
>> Suggestion! Ask on the blueyonder support, or put you question into the

Any old 'blueyonder support'? Maybe blueyonder.support.access.dialup
would be a good suggestion instead.

Even giving this URL would have helped a lot
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/

>blueyonder feedback NG

Not quite what feedback is for.

blueyonder.users.self-help

Me

why?

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 14:04:52 -0000, Dwayne Taylor wrote:

Please,
Don't start subject lines with 'Re:'
Don't post with your account name, read
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/abuse/howavoid.shtml

>Hi people when i conect to the internet useing my 56k modem yeh v92
>sometimes i only get 38k out of my connection why? i am useing windows xp

You won't get the in theory max 56K. (which I think was only 1 way
anyway, with compression, good signal, matching modems)

>home edition all my setting are right but my connection i am ment to be
>getting 56k out of it thats what i am paying for most of the time i get 48k

Check what you really are paying for.

http://www.telewest.co.uk/html/internet/internet.htm
Surf Unlimited** £13.00
56k* dial up

Note the * at 56k

However I guess the * notes are missing, regarding best conditions
speed.

>but that isnt good enough for me i am paying £13 for 56k not 38k or 48k lol

48k is very good for dialup.

>please reply back people
>from Dwayne Taylor

Main page,
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/
Dial up,
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/connected/dialup/
Troubleshooting
* Help with connection problems
General information
* Blueyonder connection number
* V.92 information

http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/co...alup/v92.shtml
see the bit where it says -
Note: Although there are other elements to the V.92 standard, such as
increased upload speed and greater data compression, these have not been
implemented for use with blueyonder dial-up, and there are no current
plans to do so.

So it appears you aren't paying for fastest speeds.

Status Page, maybe it's a regional issue.
http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyond...tatuspage.html

56K Info
http://www.56k.com/
V.92 Info
http://www.v92.com/

Me

SgtMinor

Do you actually have an email addres here?

Domain Name: DONTLOOKBACK.COM

Registrant:
Christian Counterculture Project (DONTLOOKBACK2-DOM)
3916 Bridgeport Drive
Medford, OR 97504
US

~Brihu~ wrote:

> "Dwayne Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:G4Pob.111$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi people when i conect to the internet useing my 56k modem yeh v92
> > sometimes i only get 38k out of my connection why? i am useing windows xp
> > home edition all my setting are right but my connection i am ment to be
> > getting 56k out of it thats what i am paying for most of the time i get

> 48k
> > but that isnt good enough for me i am paying 13 for 56k not 38k or 48k

> lol
> >
> > Suggestion! Ask on the blueyonder support, or put you question into the

> blueyonder feedback NG

~Brihu~

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 14:28:40 GMT, ~Brihu~ wrote:
>

> Even giving this URL would have helped a lot
> http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/
>
> >blueyonder feedback NG

> Not quite what feedback is for.
>
> blueyonder.users.self-help

One would have thought that after getting to blueyonder web site he would
have enough gumption to pick out just what he needed!! without being led by
the nose, and for your info feedback can be helpful with this sort of query,
where as when posting to users, there is always some pedantic little prick
telling you that it should have gone somewhere else.

~Brihu~

"SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Do you actually have an email addres here?
>
> Domain Name: DONTLOOKBACK.COM
>
> Registrant:
> Christian Counterculture Project (DONTLOOKBACK2-DOM)
> 3916 Bridgeport Drive
> Medford, OR 97504
> US

No, I am in the UK and the address was made up, taking the title from a TV
advert I saw. ( British TV advert incidentally)

why?

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 18:26:26 GMT, ~Brihu~ wrote:

>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 14:28:40 GMT, ~Brihu~ wrote:
>>

>> Even giving this URL would have helped a lot
>> http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/
>>
>> >blueyonder feedback NG

>> Not quite what feedback is for.
>>
>> blueyonder.users.self-help
>>

>One would have thought that after getting to blueyonder web site he would
>have enough gumption to pick out just what he needed!! without being led by

So you know everything then?

Well that's fairly unusual, insult the OP and another poster at the same
time.

>the nose, and for your info feedback can be helpful with this sort of query,

http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/ne...ueyonder.shtml
Feedback Groups
For customers to provide feedback to blueyonder staff.

blueyonder.feedback
Feedback about the Internet services from blueyonder ONLY.

>where as when posting to users, there is always some pedantic little prick
>telling you that it should have gone somewhere else.

Try reading
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/ne...ueyonder.shtml
blueyonder newsgroups - What Are They?

The suggestion came from that page. If the BY info is wrong as to which
group to use, then you may want say so in blueyonder.feedback asking for
the group descriptions to be changed.

Me

SgtMinor

~Brihu~ wrote:

> "SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > Do you actually have an email addres here?
> >
> > Domain Name: DONTLOOKBACK.COM
> >
> > Registrant:
> > Christian Counterculture Project (DONTLOOKBACK2-DOM)
> > 3916 Bridgeport Drive
> > Medford, OR 97504
> > US
> >

> No, I am in the UK and the address was made up, taking the title from a TV
> advert I saw. ( British TV advert incidentally)

If you're munging your address to avoid spam you should do it in a way
that causes no harm to others. The rightful owners of that site are now
getting spammed because of your unauthorized use of their property. Try
a new munge, and look here for some ideas:

Avoid anything that looks like a real URL, and add invalid to the end.