Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Processor being held at 100%

Processor being held at 100%

Bibble Babble

Hi, running xp and the processor is being held at 100% by a process
called PM Client, when I delve further into it I find it is coming from an
EXE called C4YFEF.EXE.

I havn't installed anything recently (can't answer for the wife though). Can
anyone tell me if this is part of XP or if I am infected or if this is part
of somthing else

Cheers

°Mike°

I can't find any information on that file. Make sure you
scan your system for nasties...

Online Antivirus scanners:
--------------------------
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp

Anti-virus programs:
--------------------
eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

Vet (Computer Associates)
http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

KAV (Kaspersky)
http://www.kaspersky.com/

Sophos
http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

Anti-spyware:
---------------------
Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spyware Blaster

HijackThis
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 11:22:15 -0000, in
<3fa3978f$0$29946$(E-Mail Removed)>
Bibble Babble scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Shepİ

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 11:22:15 -0000, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Bibble Babble"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

> Hi, running xp and the processor is being held at 100% by a process
>called PM Client, when I delve further into it I find it is coming from an
>EXE called C4YFEF.EXE.
>
>I havn't installed anything recently (can't answer for the wife though). Can
>anyone tell me if this is part of XP or if I am infected or if this is part
>of somthing else
>
>Cheers

Try here,
http://tinyurl.com/t8x0