Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hardware Detection Problem

Hardware Detection Problem

ZeDeX82

I installed a new DVD writer in my PC, running Windows XP.

When the computer detected the DVD Drive and tried to install the
drivers it gave an error saying it could not find the correct drivers.
The windows driver was installed and it works fine. The instructions
with the unit stated that no drivers were needed as the windows one
would be used. So I thought no probs it works fine I will just ignore
the error.

The problem is that everytime I boot my PC it tries to install the DVD
drive and proceeds to give the error. This is a pain. I check the box
that says do not try to install the software again, but this has not
worked.

I have checked the manufacturers website with no success.

Can anybody help me stop this.

Thanks