Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 32bit midi joiner?

32bit midi joiner?

fitwell

Midicat freeware was recommended to me in another ng. Trouble is that
it's commandline and, as such, fiddly. Had to copy all the potential
MIDIs I wanted to join to the C drive. Then had to to 8.3 to avoid
typing hassles. (Actually, if commandline had ability to support
pastes from Windows sources, I think I wouldn't have so much trouble
with using them. Make _one_ little mistake and you have to re-type
even if you use the F1 or F3 keys. And watch out if the error is at
the beginning!)

Anyway, I dl Midicat from here if anyone else is interested and
doesn't mind commandline stuff:
http://www.gnmidi.com/gnfreeen.htm
direct dl link:
http://www.gnmidi.com/utils/midicat.zip

But was hoping for a 32bit freeware alternative. I googled a lot and
came up with nothing so hoping someone here knows of an app. I did try
some simple file-joining programs but files wouldn't play (no surprise
there, though). Stationery creation is time-consuming enough even
with the fantastic Arachnophilia add-on without adding the hassles of
this type of thing.

Thanks.

fitwell

What a difference figuring out what to ask for makes. I get more
hits. Now the trouble has gone the opposite way. There are so many
to look at. Does anyone know of a good midi "editor" that handles
"mixing" midi audio files? One piece of text seemed to say that Anvil
Studio could do something like this, and the help file, too, but just
couldn't figure it out. Not enough detail in the instructions.

Thanks! Appreciate it.

*****************

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 05:59:45 GMT, fitwell <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Midicat freeware was recommended to me in another ng. Trouble is that
>it's commandline and, as such, fiddly. Had to copy all the potential
>MIDIs I wanted to join to the C drive. Then had to to 8.3 to avoid
>typing hassles. (Actually, if commandline had ability to support
>pastes from Windows sources, I think I wouldn't have so much trouble
>with using them. Make _one_ little mistake and you have to re-type
>even if you use the F1 or F3 keys. And watch out if the error is at
>the beginning!)
>
>Anyway, I dl Midicat from here if anyone else is interested and
>doesn't mind commandline stuff:
>http://www.gnmidi.com/gnfreeen.htm
>direct dl link:
>http://www.gnmidi.com/utils/midicat.zip
>
>But was hoping for a 32bit freeware alternative. I googled a lot and
>came up with nothing so hoping someone here knows of an app. I did try
>some simple file-joining programs but files wouldn't play (no surprise
>there, though). Stationery creation is time-consuming enough even
>with the fantastic Arachnophilia add-on without adding the hassles of
>this type of thing.
>
>Thanks.

Portable midi communication with external midi instruments? Asbjørn Bjørnstad Java 0 10-09-2008 03:03 PM
Real Time Midi File Playback - Reading and Writing midi at the sametime Gilly Python 6 05-04-2008 09:16 PM
D/L midi files launches a midi player I want the midi file Vlad Firefox 2 06-10-2005 02:25 AM
Disable Midi John Firefox 2 11-23-2004 12:42 AM
Java MIDI output device to MIDI Yoke. Hugo Villeneuve Java 0 07-04-2003 10:31 PM

Advertisments