Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Screen-color problem

Screen-color problem

I do have a problem with me monotor, as it can not show red colors. only
yellow, green and blue.

I did have a S 3 d´chplay card and have yust replaced it with a GeForce MX2
card, but it made no difference.

All red colors are missing on the monitor.
The printer however print all colors.

I hope, to get some help and say thank beforehand.
Kirsten Harvig.

░Mike░

Replace your monitor.

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 19:12:47 +0100, in
<ezxob.16412$(E-Mail Removed)>
X scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Buffalo

Sounds like a bad cable between the monitor and the pc or maybe just a bent
pin in the connector.
Try flexing the cable at both ends and see if you get any reaction.
If you can't easily replace that cable, try a different monitor.

How do spammers harvest email addresses
http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html

SPAM - Munging Your Email Address
http://www.internet-tips.net/Email/SPAM_munging.htm

"X" <> wrote in message
news:ezxob.16412$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> I do have a problem with me monotor, as it can not show red colors. only
> yellow, green and blue.
>
> I did have a S 3 d´chplay card and have yust replaced it with a GeForce

MX2
> card, but it made no difference.
>
> All red colors are missing on the monitor.
> The printer however print all colors.
>
> I hope, to get some help and say thank beforehand.
> Kirsten Harvig.

Rob

"X" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ezxob.16412$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> I do have a problem with me monotor, as it can not show red colors. only
> yellow, green and blue.
>
> I did have a S 3 d´chplay card and have yust replaced it with a GeForce

MX2
> card, but it made no difference.
>
> All red colors are missing on the monitor.
> The printer however print all colors.
>
> I hope, to get some help and say thank beforehand.
> Kirsten Harvig.

There are three color electron guns in a monitor: red, green, and blue.
Sounds like the red gun has burned out. Time for a new monitor.