Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > email account gone

email account gone

David

Recently one of my email accounts has been deleted from list when
connecting. Have checked my accounts and all appears to be in place under
tools settings in IE6. Also email text has changed to italic. Have I got
one of these viruses? Can anyone point me in the right direction to remedy
this pish. Cheers.

°Mike°

Tools / Accounts / Properties / General tab.
Check - 'Include this account when receiving or synchronising..'

Tools / Options / Read / Fonts.

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:18:35 -0000, in
<vRwob.3483$(E-Mail Removed)>
David scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

David

Thanks Mike, but can you tell me how these items change often even although
I have made no changes?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tools / Accounts / Properties / General tab.
> Check - 'Include this account when receiving or synchronising..'
>
> Tools / Options / Read / Fonts.
>

> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:18:35 -0000, in
> <vRwob.3483$(E-Mail Removed)>
> David scrawled:
>
> >Recently one of my email accounts has been deleted from list when
> >connecting. Have checked my accounts and all appears to be in place

under
> >tools settings in IE6. Also email text has changed to italic. Have I

got
> >one of these viruses? Can anyone point me in the right direction to

remedy
> >this pish. Cheers.
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Without knowing further details, my best guess is that you
*may* have dodgy RAM, that is causing the registry entries
to be lost/corrupt. But that's just a guess.

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 19:00:08 -0000, in
<Viyob.702$(E-Mail Removed)>
David scrawled:

>Thanks Mike, but can you tell me how these items change often
>even although I have made no changes?

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Tools / Accounts / Properties / General tab.
>> Check - 'Include this account when receiving or synchronising..'
>>
>> Tools / Options / Read / Fonts.
>>

>> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:18:35 -0000, in
>> <vRwob.3483$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> David scrawled:
>>
>> >Recently one of my email accounts has been deleted from list when
>> >connecting. Have checked my accounts and all appears to be in place

>under
>> >tools settings in IE6. Also email text has changed to italic. Have I

>got
>> >one of these viruses? Can anyone point me in the right direction to

>remedy
>> >this pish. Cheers.
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You could also try backing up all of your data, then uninstall
and re-install Outlook Express.

Complete Clone Backup OE
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/clone.htm

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 19:00:08 -0000, in
<Viyob.702$(E-Mail Removed)>
David scrawled:

>Thanks Mike, but can you tell me how these items change often
>even although I have made no changes?

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Tools / Accounts / Properties / General tab.
>> Check - 'Include this account when receiving or synchronising..'
>>
>> Tools / Options / Read / Fonts.
>>

>> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:18:35 -0000, in
>> <vRwob.3483$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> David scrawled:
>>
>> >Recently one of my email accounts has been deleted from list when
>> >connecting. Have checked my accounts and all appears to be in place

>under
>> >tools settings in IE6. Also email text has changed to italic. Have I

>got
>> >one of these viruses? Can anyone point me in the right direction to

>remedy
>> >this pish. Cheers.
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

DH

Why don't some of you folks do a little research? Every bit of information
you seek....is available online. LOOK FOR IT!
When you earnestly search for a certain piece of information......you learn
many, many things in the process of digging and reading.
The answer you seek is out there...........somewhere.

news:Viyob.702$(E-Mail Removed)...