Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Word 2000 document problem.

Word 2000 document problem.

Daz

Hi,

Ok, I'll try to explain this as best I can. I am running Word 2000 on Win
98SE and have the following problem.
When I click on a word document from within 'My Documents', the file opens
but does not insert a flashing cursor, which means that when I try to print
both the title window and the status bar flash. I then need to minimise the
document and then maximise before the print window dialogue opens.
Everything then prints correctly, however upon completion I get another
pop-up window asking if I want to revert to the previous saved document.

Now I have also found that I can get it to work properly by 1 of 2 methods:

1. If I click on 'Open office document' from either the start menu or office
bar menu.
2. If I open the document and click on the document to manually add the
cursor point.

In both the above methods it works fine, with no pop-ups.
How can I get it so that the cursor is automatically inserted in the
document when I click on the .doc file?
Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Daz.

Mike0000

Daz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ok, I'll try to explain this as best I can. I am running Word 2000 on Win
> 98SE and have the following problem.
> When I click on a word document from within 'My Documents', the file opens
> but does not insert a flashing cursor, which means that when I try to print
> both the title window and the status bar flash. I then need to minimise the
> document and then maximise before the print window dialogue opens.
> Everything then prints correctly, however upon completion I get another
> pop-up window asking if I want to revert to the previous saved document.
>
> Now I have also found that I can get it to work properly by 1 of 2 methods:
>
> 1. If I click on 'Open office document' from either the start menu or office
> bar menu.
> 2. If I open the document and click on the document to manually add the
> cursor point.
>
> In both the above methods it works fine, with no pop-ups.
> How can I get it so that the cursor is automatically inserted in the
> document when I click on the .doc file?
> Please help!
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Daz.

Usually deleting normal.dot fixes this. Do a file search for it and
delete it (there may be more than one). Make sure word isnt running
when you do this. Now, run word and it will make a new normal.dot file.

--
Mike
Block Banner Ads Now