Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dialup in IE: "saved" password keeps changing

Dialup in IE: "saved" password keeps changing

Jim Beaver

In IE 6, my Dial-Up Connection screen comes up when the modem is dialing my
ISP. There's a space for my password and a check-box ("Remember My
Password?"). Even if I check the box, each time the Dial-up screen comes
up, there's a different password in the space--not mine. Of course it's
just dots, but a. it's got too many digits and b. it doesn't work. How do I
force Dial-up to remember my actual password and stop giving me this wrong
one?

Jim Beaver

Mcploppy ©

Jim Beaver bashed at the keyboard and said :

> In IE 6, my Dial-Up Connection screen comes up when the modem is
> dialing my ISP. There's a space for my password and a check-box
> ("Remember My Password?"). Even if I check the box, each time the
> Dial-up screen comes up, there's a different password in the
> space--not mine. Of course it's just dots, but a. it's got too many
> digits and b. it doesn't work. How do I force Dial-up to remember my
> actual password and stop giving me this wrong one?
>
> Jim Beaver

It's a "security" function the extra characters "dots" are put in to
disguise the password length.

Dont worry about it
--
Mcploppy ©

{ Remove both MyShoes to email me }
{ Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
{ My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

°Mike°

You probably have more than one connectoid, in which
case you need to set the default. Control Panel / Internet
Options / Connections ... Highlight the right connection
and press 'Set Default'. Now check 'Always dial my default...'

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:41:37 GMT, in
<BXcob.22130$(E-Mail Removed) m>
Jim Beaver scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Mcploppy ©

Jim Beaver bashed at the keyboard and said :

> In IE 6, my Dial-Up Connection screen comes up when the modem is
> dialing my ISP. There's a space for my password and a check-box
> ("Remember My Password?"). Even if I check the box, each time the
> Dial-up screen comes up, there's a different password in the
> space--not mine. Of course it's just dots, but a. it's got too many
> digits and b. it doesn't work. How do I force Dial-up to remember my
> actual password and stop giving me this wrong one?
>
> Jim Beaver

Didnt read all your post properly sorry.....
The statement I made re dots still stands....
Check that you are entering the password correctly, check that password
characters are lower or upper case.