Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Explorer Error

Reply
Thread Tools

Internet Explorer Error

 
 
Cuanto
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2003
Hey All,

I have a computer in the shop that when you click on Internet Explorer or
any other web browser (I tried to install netscape), we get the following
error message. "Iexplore caused a divide error in module <unknown> at
0000:00d40d5" and we also get a "invalid page fault in module unknown"
error messages. Here is what I have tried already, searched the MSFT KB,
there were some articles on this, had to do with some accelerator programs,
these were not on this computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Windows
98 SE, Internet Explorer, and TCP/IP. The computer will connect to the
internet, but when I go to a command prompt and try to ping an address, ie.
www.yahoo.com, it comes back unknown host. I can however, ping the IP
address. Reformatting and reloading from scratch would be my preference,
but the customer does not want to do this and I'd like to figure out what's
going on with it. I appreciate any and all replies!

Sincerely,

JMC
Jasper Computer Repair
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
www.jaspercomp.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Juan Pérez
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2003
In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Cuanto <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> Hey All,
>
> I have a computer in the shop that when you click on Internet
> Explorer or any other web browser (I tried to install netscape), we
> get the following error message. "Iexplore caused a divide error in
> module <unknown> at 0000:00d40d5" and we also get a "invalid page
> fault in module unknown" error messages. Here is what I have tried
> already, searched the MSFT KB, there were some articles on this, had
> to do with some accelerator programs, these were not on this
> computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 98 SE, Internet
> Explorer, and TCP/IP. The computer will connect to the internet, but
> when I go to a command prompt and try to ping an address, ie.
> www.yahoo.com, it comes back unknown host. I can however, ping the
> IP address. Reformatting and reloading from scratch would be my
> preference, but the customer does not want to do this and I'd like to
> figure out what's going on with it. I appreciate any and all
> replies!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> JMC


If reformatting and reloading from scratch is your preference but the
customer doesn't want that, tell him to take his machine elsewhere. Then
you can concentrate on trying to make a profit.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ralph Mann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2003
Cuanto said:

> Hey All,
>
> I have a computer in the shop that when you click on Internet Explorer or
> any other web browser (I tried to install netscape), we get the following
> error message. "Iexplore caused a divide error in module <unknown> at
> 0000:00d40d5" and we also get a "invalid page fault in module unknown"
> error messages. Here is what I have tried already, searched the MSFT KB,
> there were some articles on this, had to do with some accelerator programs,
> these were not on this computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Windows
> 98 SE, Internet Explorer, and TCP/IP. The computer will connect to the
> internet, but when I go to a command prompt and try to ping an address, ie.
> www.yahoo.com, it comes back unknown host. I can however, ping the IP
> address. Reformatting and reloading from scratch would be my preference,
> but the customer does not want to do this and I'd like to figure out what's
> going on with it. I appreciate any and all replies!
>


yahoo.com eh?
Are you not aware of the qhosts issue?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Cuanto
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2003
Yahoo was an example, I also tried other website addresses.


"Ralph Mann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rqTnb.3779$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cuanto said:
>
> > Hey All,
> >
> > I have a computer in the shop that when you click on Internet Explorer

or
> > any other web browser (I tried to install netscape), we get the

following
> > error message. "Iexplore caused a divide error in module <unknown> at
> > 0000:00d40d5" and we also get a "invalid page fault in module unknown"
> > error messages. Here is what I have tried already, searched the MSFT

KB,
> > there were some articles on this, had to do with some accelerator

programs,
> > these were not on this computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled

Windows
> > 98 SE, Internet Explorer, and TCP/IP. The computer will connect to the
> > internet, but when I go to a command prompt and try to ping an address,

ie.
> > www.yahoo.com, it comes back unknown host. I can however, ping the IP
> > address. Reformatting and reloading from scratch would be my

preference,
> > but the customer does not want to do this and I'd like to figure out

what's
> > going on with it. I appreciate any and all replies!
> >

>
> yahoo.com eh?
> Are you not aware of the qhosts issue?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Ralph Mann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2003
Cuanto said:

> Yahoo was an example, I also tried other website addresses.
>


Yes, but have you checked for qhosts virus?

>
> "Ralph Mann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:rqTnb.3779$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Cuanto said:
>>
>>> Hey All,
>>>
>>> I have a computer in the shop that when you click on Internet Explorer or
>>> any other web browser (I tried to install netscape), we get the following
>>> error message. "Iexplore caused a divide error in module <unknown> at
>>> 0000:00d40d5" and we also get a "invalid page fault in module unknown"
>>> error messages. Here is what I have tried already, searched the MSFT KB,
>>> there were some articles on this, had to do with some accelerator programs,
>>> these were not on this computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Windows
>>> 98 SE, Internet Explorer, and TCP/IP. The computer will connect to the
>>> internet, but when I go to a command prompt and try to ping an address, ie.
>>> www.yahoo.com, it comes back unknown host. I can however, ping the IP
>>> address. Reformatting and reloading from scratch would be my preference,
>>> but the customer does not want to do this and I'd like to figure out what's
>>> going on with it. I appreciate any and all replies!
>>>

>>
>> yahoo.com eh?
>> Are you not aware of the qhosts issue?




 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2003
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spyware Blaster
http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

HijackThis
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/


On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:42:04 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Cuanto scrawled:

>Hey All,
>
>I have a computer in the shop that when you click on Internet Explorer or
>any other web browser (I tried to install netscape), we get the following
>error message. "Iexplore caused a divide error in module <unknown> at
>0000:00d40d5" and we also get a "invalid page fault in module unknown"
>error messages. Here is what I have tried already, searched the MSFT KB,
>there were some articles on this, had to do with some accelerator programs,
>these were not on this computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Windows
>98 SE, Internet Explorer, and TCP/IP. The computer will connect to the
>internet, but when I go to a command prompt and try to ping an address, ie.
>www.yahoo.com, it comes back unknown host. I can however, ping the IP
>address. Reformatting and reloading from scratch would be my preference,
>but the customer does not want to do this and I'd like to figure out what's
>going on with it. I appreciate any and all replies!
>
>Sincerely,
>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ralph Mann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2003
°Mike° said:

> Basic computer maintenance
> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/x...intenance.html
>
> Spybot Search & Destroy
> http://spybot.eon.net.au/
> http://www.safer-networking.org/
>
> Ad-Aware
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
>
> Spyware Blaster
> http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html
>
> HijackThis
> http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
>
>


Now I can better understand why people are accusing you of spamming.
You are placing your own web site/page before other sites totally unconnected to
you, and better suited to tackle the OP's issue(s).

Why not just leave it as an entry in your sig so that people know it is your
personal page?


 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2003
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:39:37 -0000, in
<EPTnb.3804$(E-Mail Removed)>
Ralph Mann scrawled:

>°Mike° said:
>
>> Basic computer maintenance
>> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html


<mutilated url restored>

>> Spybot Search & Destroy
>> http://spybot.eon.net.au/
>> http://www.safer-networking.org/
>>
>> Ad-Aware
>> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
>>
>> Spyware Blaster
>> http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html
>>
>> HijackThis
>> http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
>>
>>

>
>Now I can better understand why people are accusing you of
>spamming.


You're a funny man, Ralph, do you know that?

>You are placing your own web site/page before other sites
>totally unconnected to you, and better suited to tackle the OP's
>issue(s).


I only place my maintenance page in a reply if I think it
is relevant to the problem posted - in this case it is.

>Why not just leave it as an entry in your sig so that people
>know it is your personal page?


Has somebody rattled your cage, Ralph?

--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ralph Mann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2003
°Mike° said:

> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:39:37 -0000, in
> <EPTnb.3804$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Ralph Mann scrawled:
>
>> °Mike° said:
>>
>>> Basic computer maintenance
>>> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/x...intenance.html

>
> <mutilated url restored>


Restored url re-mutilated

>
>>> Spybot Search & Destroy
>>> http://spybot.eon.net.au/
>>> http://www.safer-networking.org/
>>>
>>> Ad-Aware
>>> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
>>>
>>> Spyware Blaster
>>> http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html
>>>
>>> HijackThis
>>> http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
>>>
>>>

>>
>> Now I can better understand why people are accusing you of
>> spamming.

>
> You're a funny man, Ralph, do you know that?


Yes.

>
>> You are placing your own web site/page before other sites
>> totally unconnected to you, and better suited to tackle the OP's
>> issue(s).

>
> I only place my maintenance page in a reply if I think it
> is relevant to the problem posted - in this case it is.


But you place it as the first link to visit as if it is more important than the
links below it.

>
>> Why not just leave it as an entry in your sig so that people
>> know it is your personal page?

>
> Has somebody rattled your cage, Ralph?


No, I am just treating people in the same way they treat others.


 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2003
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:02:24 -0000, in
<%8Unb.3831$(E-Mail Removed)>
Ralph Mann scrawled:

>°Mike° said:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:39:37 -0000, in
>> <EPTnb.3804$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Ralph Mann scrawled:
>>
>>> °Mike° said:


<childishness snipped>

>>> Now I can better understand why people are accusing you of
>>> spamming.

>>
>> You're a funny man, Ralph, do you know that?

>
>Yes.


Snicker!

>>> You are placing your own web site/page before other sites
>>> totally unconnected to you, and better suited to tackle the OP's
>>> issue(s).

>>
>> I only place my maintenance page in a reply if I think it
>> is relevant to the problem posted - in this case it is.

>
>But you place it as the first link to visit as if it is more important
>than the links below it.


I placed it as the first link because it is the first step in
troubleshooting the problem. It has nothing to do with
import; it has everything to do with the fact that you
now have a bee in your bonnet.

>>> Why not just leave it as an entry in your sig so that people
>>> know it is your personal page?

>>
>> Has somebody rattled your cage, Ralph?

>
>No, I am just treating people in the same way they treat others.


You have a bruised ego, Ralph, and it's showing.
HAND.

--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Explorer 8: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe vs C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe Nathan Sokalski Windows 64bit 16 02-22-2010 08:31 AM
internet explorer 7 - Internet Explorer cannot display the webpag sandy j Windows 64bit 0 05-02-2009 02:12 AM
Internet Explorer + Windows Explorer + Browsing Sad Computer Support 1 09-08-2004 05:53 PM
Windows Explorer - Internet explorer JamesBenson Computer Support 19 07-31-2004 12:54 AM
can surf in Windows Explorer not Internet Explorer Billh Computer Support 0 05-02-2004 08:47 PM



Advertisments