Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > The muppets.

The muppets.

Phil B

I know this has nothing to do with computers, but you lot seem to no a lot
about lots, so I was wondering if anyone new the name of the two old guys
who sat in the box an complained about how bad the show was on the Muppets.
can't find em anywhere. I thought it was waldorf and sadler or something
like that.

thanks, Phil.

Jim PKP

Phil B had this to say on 29/10/2003 10:01:

> I know this has nothing to do with computers, but you lot seem to no a lot
> about lots, so I was wondering if anyone new the name of the two old guys
> who sat in the box an complained about how bad the show was on the Muppets.
> can't find em anywhere. I thought it was waldorf and sadler or something
> like that.

That'll be Statler and Waldorf, I think.

--
Jim PKP

gangle

"Jim PKP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ihMnb.2954$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Phil B had this to say on 29/10/2003 10:01:
>
> > I know this has nothing to do with computers, but you lot seem to no a lot
> > about lots, so I was wondering if anyone new the name of the two old guys
> > who sat in the box an complained about how bad the show was on the Muppets.
> > can't find em anywhere. I thought it was waldorf and sadler or something
> > like that.
> >

> That'll be Statler and Waldorf, I think.

You are correct.
http://www.muppets.com/profiles/statlerwaldorf.htm

Roy Jones

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:56:37 -0800, gangle wrote:

> "Jim PKP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ihMnb.2954$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Phil B had this to say on 29/10/2003 10:01:
>>
>>> I know this has nothing to do with computers, but you lot seem to no a lot
>>> about lots, so I was wondering if anyone new the name of the two old guys
>>> who sat in the box an complained about how bad the show was on the Muppets.
>>> can't find em anywhere. I thought it was waldorf and sadler or something
>>> like that.
>>>

>> That'll be Statler and Waldorf, I think.

> You are correct.
> http://www.muppets.com/profiles/statlerwaldorf.htm

The two characters' names were a joke in themselves.
The Statler and the Waldorf were two famous old NY luxury hotels.

Roy

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Roy Jones continued:

> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:56:37 -0800, gangle wrote:
>
>> "Jim PKP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ihMnb.2954$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Phil B had this to say on 29/10/2003 10:01:

>>> That'll be Statler and Waldorf, I think.

>> You are correct.
>> http://www.muppets.com/profiles/statlerwaldorf.htm

> The two characters' names were a joke in themselves.
> The Statler and the Waldorf were two famous old NY luxury hotels.
>
> Roy

And if you go into Jim Henson's building in Oval Road, Camden Town,
London, there are two life-size replicas of the two gentlemen sitting on
a sofa, and you have to brush past them to get into reception. I must
have apologised quite a few times....
--
slumpy
no more

gangle

"Roy Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:12j2fxcn9piei$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:56:37 -0800, gangle wrote:
>
> > "Jim PKP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ihMnb.2954$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Phil B had this to say on 29/10/2003 10:01:

> >> That'll be Statler and Waldorf, I think.

> > You are correct.
> > http://www.muppets.com/profiles/statlerwaldorf.htm

> The two characters' names were a joke in themselves.
> The Statler and the Waldorf were two famous old NY luxury hotels.
>
> Roy

You are correct.
http://www.schonwalder.org/Hotels/hotel_f.htm
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=NYCWAHH

Phil B

"gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Roy Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:12j2fxcn9piei$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:56:37 -0800, gangle wrote:
> >
> > > "Jim PKP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:ihMnb.2954$(E-Mail Removed)...

a lot

guys

Muppets.

something

> > > You are correct.
> > > http://www.muppets.com/profiles/statlerwaldorf.htm

> > The two characters' names were a joke in themselves.
> > The Statler and the Waldorf were two famous old NY luxury hotels.
> >
> > Roy

> You are correct.
> http://www.schonwalder.org/Hotels/hotel_f.htm
> http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=NYCWAHH

I new you lot would know............... cheers.

--
24 hours in a day...24 beers in a case... coincidence?

Phil.