Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE6- Message Display/Download

OE6- Message Display/Download

WeeWilly

Hope this description is correct.

I'd like to be able to view a list of my email messages but I'd prefer not
to actually open the messages unless I double click on them. I've heard
(right or wrong) that if I actually open a message I might be sending some
sort of silent message to the spam sender that I've opened it. Also, that I
might be just that much more liable to virus' in HTML type messages when
opened.

That said.. I thought I had this figured out. I went to TOOLS | OPTIONS |
READ and unchecked "Automatically download message when viewing in the
Preview Pane" Well.. that doesn't seem to have an effect. When the message
is highlighted (not double clicked) the message can be read.

Thanks for your help

--
Bill

Ionizer

"WeeWilly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hope this description is correct.
>
> I'd like to be able to view a list of my email messages but I'd prefer not
> to actually open the messages unless I double click on them. I've heard
> (right or wrong) that if I actually open a message I might be sending some
> sort of silent message to the spam sender that I've opened it. Also, that

> might be just that much more liable to virus' in HTML type messages when
> opened.
>
> That said.. I thought I had this figured out. I went to TOOLS | OPTIONS |
> READ and unchecked "Automatically download message when viewing in the
> Preview Pane" Well.. that doesn't seem to have an effect. When the

message
> is highlighted (not double clicked) the message can be read.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> --
> Bill

View|Layout: un-check "Show preview pane."

Regards,
Ian.