Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > power saving problem with mouse pad

power saving problem with mouse pad

Hooter

If my laptop is dormant for a little while it shuts down (obviously power
saving) but when I press a key
to fire it up again the mouse pad moves the arrow pointer but I am unable to
click or double click with it. I can only
click with the mouse pad buttons. If I restart the laptop, everything is
fine.
Also if I just close the lid to shut down, when I switch back on and windows
reverts back to where
I was, the mouse pad will not click, only move pointer.

Any ideas ?? can be very annoying.

Rgds Simon

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 8200 win xp pro

Pete Angelakos

Have you looked for a "patch" at the Dell website?
I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 and signed up for their 'File Watch' service.
I have gotten notices for this type of problem.

Hope this helps.
Pete

news:bnllcq$or0$(E-Mail Removed)...