Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Floppy Disk

Floppy Disk

Earl Brant

How can I password protect a single floppy so it cannot be accessed.

Want to protect if from someone else deleting files or reformatting it.

Thanks

Billy

Instead of just flipping the write protect tab up and labeling the disk
Private Do Not Delete.
Break that sucker out of there then unless they tape it up your files
are safe.
Or you could use something like Magic Folders. They could still reformat
the disk.

"Earl Brant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gQonb.16531$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> How can I password protect a single floppy so it cannot be accessed.
>
> Want to protect if from someone else deleting files or reformatting

it.

> Thanks

Max of Mad

Billy wrote:

> Instead of just flipping the write protect tab up and labeling the disk
> Private Do Not Delete.
> Break that sucker out of there then unless they tape it up your files
> are safe.
> Or you could use something like Magic Folders. They could still reformat
> the disk.
>
> "Earl Brant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gQonb.16531$(E-Mail Removed). com...
>
>>How can I password protect a single floppy so it cannot be accessed.
>>
>>Want to protect if from someone else deleting files or reformatting

> it.
>
>>Thanks

The write-protect tab is your only solution. Unless you get an LS120
(do they still make those?) floppy or a Zip drive.

-Max of Mad
--
Leave a tone after the message

BIG NIGE

of course dont forget that whatever you do a magnet will still screw a
floppy
Max of Mad <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> Billy wrote:
>
> > Instead of just flipping the write protect tab up and labeling the disk
> > Private Do Not Delete.
> > Break that sucker out of there then unless they tape it up your files
> > are safe.
> > Or you could use something like Magic Folders. They could still reformat
> > the disk.
> >
> > "Earl Brant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:gQonb.16531$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> >
> >>How can I password protect a single floppy so it cannot be accessed.
> >>
> >>Want to protect if from someone else deleting files or reformatting

> > it.
> >
> >>Thanks
> >>

> The write-protect tab is your only solution. Unless you get an LS120
> (do they still make those?) floppy or a Zip drive.
>

> -Max of Mad
> --
> Leave a tone after the message

Kendra Kay

news:B_onb.5227$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
:
: "Earl Brant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:gQonb.16531$(E-Mail Removed). com...
: > How can I password protect a single floppy so it cannot be accessed.
: >
: > Want to protect if from someone else deleting files or reformatting
: it.
: >
: > Thanks
: >
: >
:
:
I know I can search for this but - if you have time - what's Magic Folders?

Billy

http://www.pc-magic.com/
Google is your friend. http://www.google.com

"Kendra Kay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9Tqnb.4742$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:B_onb.5227$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> : Instead of just flipping the write protect tab up and labeling the

disk
> : Private Do Not Delete.
> : Break that sucker out of there then unless they tape it up your

files
> : are safe.
> : Or you could use something like Magic Folders. They could still

reformat
> : the disk.
> :
> : "Earl Brant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> : news:gQonb.16531$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> : > How can I password protect a single floppy so it cannot be

accessed.
> : >
> : > Want to protect if from someone else deleting files or

reformatting
> : it.
> : >
> : > Thanks
> : >
> : >
> :
> :
> I know I can search for this but - if you have time - what's Magic

Folders?

Ronald

"Earl Brant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gQonb.16531$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> How can I password protect a single floppy so it cannot be accessed.
>
> Want to protect if from someone else deleting files or reformatting it.
>
> Thanks

Keep it in your pocket, don't leave it lying around, make multiple copies

Wee Bit Tall

:
: "Earl Brant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:gQonb.16531$(E-Mail Removed). com...
: > How can I password protect a single floppy so it cannot be accessed.
: >
: > Want to protect if from someone else deleting files or reformatting it.
: >
: > Thanks
:
:
Not without a third party piece of software. There are several programs to
either encrypt and [hence password protect] the entire disk or certain
files. Your better off using something like that to protect the disk and its
files. Floppys can't be password protected without encryption software.