Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > newsgroups updating

newsgroups updating

nick

Recently I noticed that 8 out of the 11 newsgroups that I subscribe to no
longer show new postings for up to a day after they have been sent, after
which anything up to a dozen are received at the same time. I also have
begun to get the "Servor not found" message on a regular basis. This does
not effect the "24hours support.helpdesk"!!! Is there a logical explanation.
have I not set up everything correctly (new computer with win9, or is it
part coincidance and my imagination?

Boomer

"nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bnl4ma$s26$(E-Mail Removed):

> Recently I noticed that 8 out of the 11 newsgroups that I
> subscribe to no longer show new postings for up to a day after
> they have been sent, after which anything up to a dozen are
> received at the same time. I also have begun to get the "Servor
> not found" message on a regular basis. This does not effect the
> "24hours support.helpdesk"!!! Is there a logical explanation. have
> I not set up everything correctly (new computer with win9, or is
> it part coincidance and my imagination?

Hi

Have you contacted your ISP to see if they are having news server
problems?

Gary G. Taylor

nick wrote:

> Recently I noticed that 8 out of the 11 newsgroups that I subscribe to no
> longer show new postings for up to a day after they have been sent, after
> which anything up to a dozen are received at the same time. I also have
> begun to get the "Servor not found" message on a regular basis. This
> does not effect the "24hours support.helpdesk"!!! Is there a logical
> explanation. have I not set up everything correctly (new computer with
> win9, or is it part coincidance and my imagination?

Sounds like a VERY flaky server to me. As another poster suggested, a call
to your ISP is in order ... either that, or find another server.
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA