Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > good fax software??

good fax software??

hugh jass

Can anyone recommend some good fax software that is, preferably, free?
Everything I find on the web seems to be crap.
thanks, hj

______________________

Shepİ

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:01:38 -0500, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "hugh jass"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Can anyone recommend some good fax software that is, preferably, free?
>Everything I find on the web seems to be crap.
>thanks, hj

Don't know about,"good" but most PCI modem disks usually have some FAX
software on them and although Basic windows comes with some IIRC.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de

Boomer

"hugh jass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Vdjnb.2180$(E-Mail Removed):

> Can anyone recommend some good fax software that is, preferably,
> free? Everything I find on the web seems to be crap.
> thanks, hj

[snip the broken sig}

I hope you aren't going to ask this in another 4 hours.

Try WinFax PRO 10.0
http://www.symantec.com/winfax/

°Mike°

Mighty Fax (30 day free trial)
http://www.rkssoftware.com/mightyfax/overview.html

Just the Fax (30 day free trial)
http://www.rkssoftware.com/justthefax/overview.html

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:01:38 -0500, in
<Vdjnb.2180$(E-Mail Removed)>
hugh jass scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

hugh jass

Since I got some replies this time, no I won't ask again in 4 hours. Maybe
24, though. None of the replies were very helpful.
Isn't winfax bloatware (it is by sementec, after all)?
just the fax and mighty fax weren't worth a **** and neither was v3 call
centre or faxamatic.
I guess most fax software is crap.
hj

--
______________________
news:3f9dc5ae$0$171$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
:
: > Can anyone recommend some good fax software that is, preferably,
: > free? Everything I find on the web seems to be crap.
: > thanks, hj
: [snip the broken sig}
:
: I hope you aren't going to ask this in another 4 hours.
:
: Try WinFax PRO 10.0
: http://www.symantec.com/winfax/

Peppa's Mum

In article <8Zxnb.5130
$Tf.529205
@news20.bellglobal.com>,
says...
Since I got some replies this time, no I won't ask again in 4 hours. Maybe
24, though. None of the replies were very helpful.
Isn't winfax bloatware (it is by sementec, after all)?
just the fax and mighty fax weren't worth a **** and neither was v3 call
centre or faxamatic.
I guess most fax software is crap.
hj

I bought and use Hot Fax - works great for me and allows me to acquire attachments directly from my scanner.
--
Cheers!

Peppa's Mum

Plato

hugh jass wrote:

> Isn't winfax bloatware (it is by sementec, after all)?

The older versions work fine.

or, mighty fax:
http://www.mightyfax.com/mf32.exe for 9X
http://www.rkssoftware.com/mfnt.exe for NT

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

scotthai scotthai is offline
Junior Member

Hey
Some of the best fax software I've used so far is called Fax Talk. It is about $129 so it is more on the expensive side, but if you are ****ed that winFax is no longer supporting Vista and your company has upgraded to Vista, this is a good product in the fax software sector. The closest competitor is mightyFax but that is a cheap software bundle that is pretty buggy.

I would go ahead and say use Fax Talk for your good fax software alternative to winFax.

Hope this helps you pick you new fax software.