Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > File Utilities

File Utilities

Paul

Does anyone know of a utility, or how to check two files (same name and ext)
compare file date and overwrite only if the file is an older version,
automatically.
another words like doing a restore and setting overwrite only is older.

TIA
Paul

Ralph Mann

Paul said:

> Does anyone know of a utility, or how to check two files (same name and ext)
> compare file date and overwrite only if the file is an older version,
> automatically.
> another words like doing a restore and setting overwrite only is older.
>
> TIA
> Paul

XXCOPY
http://www.xxcopy.com/

Paul

Ralph Mann <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LManb.2364$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Paul said:
>
> > Does anyone know of a utility, or how to check two files (same name and

ext)
> > compare file date and overwrite only if the file is an older version,
> > automatically.
> > another words like doing a restore and setting overwrite only is older.
> >
> > TIA
> > Paul

> XXCOPY
> http://www.xxcopy.com/

Thanks for the quick response....I will check it out. Can this program also
take a file and append to another? I have files that are multi tif images,
(like a paper port scan) and now want to add additional pages (tif scans)
or am I looking at another type of utility.

Ralph Mann

Paul said:

> Ralph Mann <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:LManb.2364$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Paul said:
>>
>>> Does anyone know of a utility, or how to check two files (same name and ext)
>>> compare file date and overwrite only if the file is an older version,
>>> automatically.
>>> another words like doing a restore and setting overwrite only is older.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Paul

>> XXCOPY
>> http://www.xxcopy.com/
>>

> Thanks for the quick response....I will check it out. Can this program also
> take a file and append to another? I have files that are multi tif images,

Not that I'm aware of.

> (like a paper port scan) and now want to add additional pages (tif scans)
> or am I looking at another type of utility.

I think someone like Hawk will be better placed to answer this next question.

Mara

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:23:46 -0500, Paul wrote:

>Does anyone know of a utility, or how to check two files (same name and ext)
>compare file date and overwrite only if the file is an older version,
>automatically.

Like this, with "same date and time" unchecked?

http://www.satsignal.net/

--
* shodan eyes TMP's index.cgi::displayTaskTable() warily
* shodan eyes Interface.pm

Harrison

Take a look at http://www.clonespy.de/english/

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:23:46 -0500, "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Does anyone know of a utility, or how to check two files (same name and ext)
>compare file date and overwrite only if the file is an older version,
>automatically.
>another words like doing a restore and setting overwrite only is older.
>
>TIA
>Paul

Shepİ

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:23:46 -0500, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Paul"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Does anyone know of a utility, or how to check two files (same name and ext)
>compare file date and overwrite only if the file is an older version,
>automatically.
>another words like doing a restore and setting overwrite only is older.
>
>TIA
>Paul

Loads around to try.

http://www.pricelessware.org/
http://www.completelyfreesoftware.com/index_all.html
http://www.freewareweb.com/
http://www.thefreesite.com/freedialuputils.htm
http://www.rocketdownload.com
http://www.hotfiles.com/
http://tucows.a2000.nl/
http://cnet.com/
http://softsite.com/
http://happypuppy.com/

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de

Utilities File Joe ASP .Net 1 12-04-2007 02:54 AM
Accessing Browser Utilities on LinkSys WAP11 Doug Miannay Wireless Networking 1 04-18-2005 06:51 AM
HTML text filters, display control, utilities _eee_ ASP .Net 3 02-28-2004 10:58 PM
Utilities to view long file names in dos window? ekimjroberts Computer Support 1 12-25-2003 07:07 PM
Cisco Tools & Utilities JohnNews Cisco 3 10-28-2003 10:38 PM

Advertisments