Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Microphone

Microphone

N e v s

When in windows I hear my mic through my pc speakers. I want my mic on but
to not hear it myself.

Ralph Mann

N e v s said:

> When in windows I hear my mic through my pc speakers. I want my mic on but
> to not hear it myself.

In the same way as when you speak to someone you plug your ears so that you
can't tell whether you are shouting or not?

BW

I suggest you speak quietly. hehe

"Ralph Mann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6B5nb.2229$(E-Mail Removed)...
> N e v s said:
>
> > When in windows I hear my mic through my pc speakers. I want my mic on

but
> > to not hear it myself.

> In the same way as when you speak to someone you plug your ears so that

you
> can't tell whether you are shouting or not?

Juan Pérez

In news:bnioba$11um3i$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de,
N e v s <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> When in windows I hear my mic through my pc speakers. I want my mic
> on but to not hear it myself.

Yeah, that sucks, don't it? ;o)
So, move the mic further away and pointed away from speakers, lower the
volume.

DanOne

"N e v s" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message
news:bnioba$11um3i$(E-Mail Removed)-b
erlin.de...
| When in windows I hear my mic through
my pc speakers. I want my mic on but
| to not hear it myself.

Double click the sound icon in the
system tray, tck the checkbox "mute"
under microphone.

BW

hummm... good suggestion...
why don't you just ask him to throw his microphone away. hehe.

"DanOne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:bnisn7$afb$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "N e v s" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message
> news:bnioba$11um3i$(E-Mail Removed)-b
> erlin.de...
> | When in windows I hear my mic through
> my pc speakers. I want my mic on but
> | to not hear it myself.
> |

> Double click the sound icon in the
> system tray, tck the checkbox "mute"
> under microphone.

DanOne

"BW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message
| hummm... good suggestion...
| why don't you just ask him to throw
his microphone away. hehe.

Actually, muting the mic will not
disable it in applications, but merely
prevents the sound coming from the
speakers. One can keep using the mic for
netmeeting etc.

leftnutrzr

"BW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> hummm... good suggestion...
> why don't you just ask him to throw his microphone away. hehe.

cause the following post is for output only ... you have to hit file>
properties then click recording | ok
to get to mute the mic on the recording side

> > Double click the sound icon in the
> > system tray, tck the checkbox "mute"
> > under microphone.

AC97 sound issue- worked fine now Microphone fader does not control microphone level joewo Computer Support 0 02-07-2007 02:46 AM
microphone Karen Microsoft Certification 3 08-10-2004 10:40 PM
installing a headphone microphone set Microsoft Certification 0 04-05-2004 02:46 PM
record from microphone Java 2 12-20-2003 04:54 AM
Java Web Start - Microphone access Joel Java 3 12-11-2003 04:24 AM

Advertisments