Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Newbie at video editing has question re mixing audio

Newbie at video editing has question re mixing audio

Ed Pulliam

Hello helpdesk people,

I tried to Google for an answer, then a more OT news group without
success.

I have two avi video files, a and b. I want to use a as the video, and
keep the audio as background sound, but need to mix in the audio from b
as a voice over.

I have been using an abandonedware product called VideoWave 5 from MGI
(I think later acquired by Roxio), only because it came bundled with my
burner. I think audio editing is where this software falls short.

Can anyone suggest a windows XP alternative for the sound editing,
and/or a all in one replacement for videowave? The final product will
be a DVD.

TIA

--
- Ed Pulliam http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

NewKillerStar

www.acoustica.com

"Ed Pulliam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello helpdesk people,
>
> I tried to Google for an answer, then a more OT news group without
> success.
>
> I have two avi video files, a and b. I want to use a as the video, and
> keep the audio as background sound, but need to mix in the audio from b
> as a voice over.
>
> I have been using an abandonedware product called VideoWave 5 from MGI
> (I think later acquired by Roxio), only because it came bundled with my
> burner. I think audio editing is where this software falls short.
>
> Can anyone suggest a windows XP alternative for the sound editing,
> and/or a all in one replacement for videowave? The final product will
> be a DVD.
>
> TIA
>
> --
> - Ed Pulliam (E-Mail Removed)