Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0

Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0

PS

Program has stopped working. The screen comes up and then freezes.
Following messages are displayed:

Acrobat Plug-in: Could not find Adobe Acrobat

Adobe Reader: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
incorrect

I am very anxious to get the program running correctly. Any help to fix the
problem is very much appreciated.

PS

Mcploppy ©

PS bashed at the keyboard and said :

> Program has stopped working. The screen comes up and then freezes.
> Following messages are displayed:
>
> Acrobat Plug-in: Could not find Adobe Acrobat
>
> Adobe Reader: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
> incorrect
>
> I am very anxious to get the program running correctly. Any help to
> fix the problem is very much appreciated.
>
> PS

Have you tried reinstalling it ?

PS

Reinstallation has not fixed the problem.

PS

"Mcploppy ©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bng6vq$1111go$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> PS bashed at the keyboard and said :
>
> > Program has stopped working. The screen comes up and then freezes.
> > Following messages are displayed:
> >
> > Acrobat Plug-in: Could not find Adobe Acrobat
> >
> > Adobe Reader: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
> > incorrect
> >
> > I am very anxious to get the program running correctly. Any help to
> > fix the problem is very much appreciated.
> >
> > PS

> Have you tried reinstalling it ?

Mcploppy ©

PS bashed at the keyboard and said :

> Program has stopped working. The screen comes up and then freezes.
> Following messages are displayed:
>
> Acrobat Plug-in: Could not find Adobe Acrobat
>
> Adobe Reader: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
> incorrect
>
> I am very anxious to get the program running correctly. Any help to
> fix the problem is very much appreciated.
>
> PS

Have a look here http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/31e12.htm

HTH
--
Mcploppy ©

{ Remove both MyShoes to email me }
{ Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
{ My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

°Mike°

Uninstall Acrobat Reader and perform some system maintenance,
especially cleaning your registry.

Basic computer maintenance

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:13:42 +1100, in
<3f9b9e63$0$28120$(E-Mail Removed)>
PS scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

phrogee

"PS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f9b9e63$0$28120$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> Program has stopped working. The screen comes up and then freezes.
> Following messages are displayed:
>
> Acrobat Plug-in: Could not find Adobe Acrobat
>
> Adobe Reader: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
> incorrect
>
> I am very anxious to get the program running correctly. Any help to fix

the
> problem is very much appreciated.
>
> PS

I had so much trouble with 6.0 that I went back to 5.0. I didn't want to
mess with it for what it's worth.

--
phrogee

bb3

"PS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f9b9e63$0$28120$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> Program has stopped working. The screen comes up and then freezes.
> Following messages are displayed:
>
> Acrobat Plug-in: Could not find Adobe Acrobat
>
> Adobe Reader: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
> incorrect
>
> I am very anxious to get the program running correctly. Any help to

fix the
> problem is very much appreciated.
>
> PS

After I dl'd Acrobat Reader 6 and installed it, it started giving me
spool errors when printing. It also would only load part of the
document I wanted (the correct number of pages seemed to be there, but
they were blank). I don't know if this is specific to Win ME or not,
but I uninstalled 6 and went back to 5. It works fine now.

PS

Dear All, as per some suggestions, I removed v.6 and installed v.5 and it
works perfectly.

PS