Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > im looking for a cheap laptop. help?

im looking for a cheap laptop. help?

Brian

I primarily use my nice desktop. But I need a cheap laptop, speed doesn't
matter, just looking for windows 98 (or higher) and a usb port. My cell
phone doesnt work with a serial cable, and my old laptop now is win95 with
no usb ports or anything so im SOL. I need a win98 laptop with a usb port to
be able to use my cell to get online.

Where is my best bet to get a laptop? Can I get a decent price on a laptop
considering age and speed, since I don't need much? Will just be used to get
online during a long road trip via cell to chat and get a few directions or
maps.

Can anyone direct me to some good places to look?

Brian

Mark Hackett

Brian wrote:

> I primarily use my nice desktop. But I need a cheap laptop, speed doesn't
> matter, just looking for windows 98 (or higher) and a usb port. My cell
> phone doesnt work with a serial cable, and my old laptop now is win95 with
> no usb ports or anything so im SOL. I need a win98 laptop with a usb port
> to be able to use my cell to get online.
>
> Where is my best bet to get a laptop? Can I get a decent price on a laptop
> considering age and speed, since I don't need much? Will just be used to
> get online during a long road trip via cell to chat and get a few
> directions or maps.
>
> Can anyone direct me to some good places to look?
>
> Brian

Try Multivision. (www.multivision.co.uk, I think). For less than a grand you
can get an Athlon 2000+, 40GB HDD, 15" monitor, DVD/CDRW and proper ATI9000
mobility graphics.

Phil

"Mark Hackett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dmMmb.2822$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Brian wrote:
>
> > I primarily use my nice desktop. But I need a cheap laptop, speed

doesn't
> > matter, just looking for windows 98 (or higher) and a usb port. My cell
> > phone doesnt work with a serial cable, and my old laptop now is win95

with
> > no usb ports or anything so im SOL. I need a win98 laptop with a usb

port
> > to be able to use my cell to get online.
> >
> > Where is my best bet to get a laptop? Can I get a decent price on a

laptop
> > considering age and speed, since I don't need much? Will just be used to
> > get online during a long road trip via cell to chat and get a few
> > directions or maps.
> >
> > Can anyone direct me to some good places to look?
> >
> > Brian

> Try Multivision. (www.multivision.co.uk, I think). For less than a grand

you
> can get an Athlon 2000+, 40GB HDD, 15" monitor, DVD/CDRW and proper

ATI9000
> mobility graphics.

And that is cheap, is it???????

Not to the real world!!!!

Harrison

http://tinyurl.com/sego

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 05:41:45 GMT, "Brian"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I primarily use my nice desktop. But I need a cheap laptop, speed doesn't
>matter, just looking for windows 98 (or higher) and a usb port. My cell
>phone doesnt work with a serial cable, and my old laptop now is win95 with
>no usb ports or anything so im SOL. I need a win98 laptop with a usb port to
>be able to use my cell to get online.
>
>Where is my best bet to get a laptop? Can I get a decent price on a laptop
>considering age and speed, since I don't need much? Will just be used to get
>online during a long road trip via cell to chat and get a few directions or
>maps.
>
>Can anyone direct me to some good places to look?
>
>Brian

hugh jass

I believe the poster is from the U.S., so a U.K. company may not be very
useful to him.
hj
______________________
: Brian wrote:
:
: > I primarily use my nice desktop. But I need a cheap laptop, speed
doesn't
: > matter, just looking for windows 98 (or higher) and a usb port. My cell
: > phone doesnt work with a serial cable, and my old laptop now is win95
with
: > no usb ports or anything so im SOL. I need a win98 laptop with a usb
port
: > to be able to use my cell to get online.
: >
: > Where is my best bet to get a laptop? Can I get a decent price on a
laptop
: > considering age and speed, since I don't need much? Will just be used to
: > get online during a long road trip via cell to chat and get a few
: > directions or maps.
: >
: > Can anyone direct me to some good places to look?
: >
: > Brian
:
:
: Try Multivision. (www.multivision.co.uk, I think). For less than a grand
you
: can get an Athlon 2000+, 40GB HDD, 15" monitor, DVD/CDRW and proper
ATI9000
: mobility graphics.

John H. Guillory

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:11:03 -0500, "hugh jass"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I believe the poster is from the U.S., so a U.K. company may not be very
>useful to

Besides, back when I bought my laptop, I picked up 2-3 for $150-300 a
piece.... Granted, this was when my desktop (Pentium II 1000mHz) was
brand new, and these laptops where 80486's, but well capable of
running Windows'98.... Look for a second hand laptop, but be
careful....