Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Better than Kazaa?

Better than Kazaa?

SR

I received the following email

http://www.247downloads.com/promo4/access.php

and wonder whether this is true. According to this enterprise, the number of
online users is very close to 14,000,000. That's 4 to 5 times that of
Kazaa...
If this is true, it might be well worth to join this 1.99$/month goodie.
Has anybody experience with it?

SR

Martin Delisle

Is it a software you can download or directly from IE?

"SR" <(E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
news:3f9b5b01$(E-Mail Removed)-news.com...
> I received the following email
>
> http://www.247downloads.com/promo4/access.php
>
> and wonder whether this is true. According to this enterprise, the number

of
> online users is very close to 14,000,000. That's 4 to 5 times that of
> Kazaa...
> If this is true, it might be well worth to join this 1.99$/month goodie.
> Has anybody experience with it?
>
> SR

http://www.uncensored-news.com

<><><><><><><><>

Richard

SR wrote:

> I received the following email

> http://www.247downloads.com/promo4/access.php

> and wonder whether this is true. According to this enterprise, the
> number of
> online users is very close to 14,000,000. That's 4 to 5 times that of
> Kazaa...
> If this is true, it might be well worth to join this 1.99$/month
> goodie.
> Has anybody experience with it?

> SR

If i can't take a test drive before signing up, screw 'em.

Ralph Mann

SR said:

> I received the following email
>
> (snip spam address)
>
> and wonder whether this is true. According to this enterprise, the number of
> online users is very close to 14,000,000. That's 4 to 5 times that of
> Kazaa...
> If this is true, it might be well worth to join this 1.99$/month goodie.
> Has anybody experience with it?
>
> SR

Sod off spammer.

a 32 bit process

On 26 Oct 2003 05:26:26 GMT, "SR" <(E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp> wrote:

>I received the following email
>
>http://www.247downl<whack>

I don't care if the program could pay taxes for me, I wouldn't use it
if was being promoted through spam.

hugh jass

it's bullshit.
keep refreshing the no. of users online and you'll notice that it's the same
numbers repeating themselves. If that part is a gimmick, I'm sure the rest
is too.

--
______________________
:
: http://www.247downloads.com/promo4/access.php
:
: and wonder whether this is true. According to this enterprise, the number
of
: online users is very close to 14,000,000. That's 4 to 5 times that of
: Kazaa...
: If this is true, it might be well worth to join this 1.99$/month goodie.
: Has anybody experience with it?
:
: SR
:
:
:
:
: <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source
<><><><><><><><>
:

mhicaoidh

Taking a moment's reflection, SR mused:

| and wonder whether this is true. According to this enterprise, the number
| of online users is very close to 14,000,000. That's 4 to 5 times that of
| Kazaa...

That much more widely used than Kazaa, and you're just now hearing about
it? Think about it.

EricP

On 26 Oct 2003 05:26:26 GMT, "SR" <(E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp> wrote:

>I received the following email
>
>http://www.247downloads.com/promo4/access.php
>
>and wonder whether this is true. According to this enterprise, the number of
>online users is very close to 14,000,000. That's 4 to 5 times that of
>Kazaa...
>If this is true, it might be well worth to join this 1.99$/month goodie.
>Has anybody experience with it?
>
>SR

Let's look:

The greatest P2P Empire of all time?

Never heard of it though?
Nothing in the papers?
Nothing on TV?
No one trying to close it?

You share no files?

Somethings beginning to smell bad here.

trout

SR wrote:

> I received the following email
>
> http://www.247crapware.com

> and wonder whether this is true.

<snip>

It is spamware, it is spyware, it is adware. Avoid like the plague.

Extracted from the 'Privacy Policy':
(http://www.247downloads.com/privacy.php)

"24/7 Downloads currently uses cookie technology to associate
certain Internet-related information about an individual with
information about the individual in our database. Additionally, 24/7
Downloads may use other new and evolving sources of information in the
future"
"A web bug is programming code that can be used to display an image
on a web page, but can also be used to transfer an individual's unique
user identification to a database and associate the individual with
previously acquired information about an individual in a database. This
allows 24/7 Downloads to track certain web sites an individual visits
online. Web beacons are used to determine products or services an
individual may be interested in, and to track online behavioral habits
for marketing purposes. In addition to using web beacons on web pages,
24/7 Downloads also uses web beacons in email messages sent to
individuals listed in 24/7 Downloads' database."
"24/7 Downloads may sell or transfer individual information to third
parties for any purpose in the company's sole discretion. By registering
to purchase one of our products or services, you agree that 24/7
Downloads may decide to contact you with product updates, or any other
information that we deem relevant for you to receive."
--
"**** them."

SR

"-= Hawk =-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> On 27 Oct 2003 07:48:37 GMT, "SR" <(E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp> scribbled:
>
> >If I was a spammer, why would I ask about other users opinions?

> You're new to the internet, aren't you?

No, not at all... but how does one ask a question without being regarded a
spammer? Anybody who reads the thread would be out of mind to spend a single
dime on these scam artists. If I was really behind this enterprise, I would
have bragged about my success with numerous fast and successful downloads,
something I could not achieve with Kazaa and other P2P software packages...
Besides, there was only one person accusing me, while eight others provided
useful comments.

SR