Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Email forwarding.

Email forwarding.

MS

I have a domain name www.mydomain.com and with this I get email forwarding
so that emails sent to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) get sent to my email address
(E-Mail Removed).

This works But I am wondering if I can use the (E-Mail Removed) email
address to send emails.

If so how do I set this up.

I am using outlook express 6

Thnx
Alex

http://www.clickonlingerie.com?SIG - Exotic Erotic Lingerie

Trent C

> I have a domain name www.mydomain.com and with this I get email forwarding
> so that emails sent to (E-Mail Removed) get sent to my email address
> (E-Mail Removed).
>
> This works But I am wondering if I can use the (E-Mail Removed) email
> address to send emails.
>
> If so how do I set this up.
>
> I am using outlook express 6

Yes you can: click on Tools - Accounts and double click on your email
account. Enter (E-Mail Removed) in the 'from' and 'reply to' fields.

Ralph Mann

MS said:

> I have a domain name www.mydomain.com and with this I get email forwarding
> so that emails sent to (E-Mail Removed) get sent to my email address
> (E-Mail Removed).
>
> This works But I am wondering if I can use the (E-Mail Removed) email
> address to send emails.
>
> If so how do I set this up.
>
> I am using outlook express 6
>
> Thnx
> Alex

Set it up the same way as your normal account, except using admin@mydomain in
the "Email address" and "Reply address" fields.

MS

I have done this.

It looks ok from the send point of view. But the received mail has a "from
field" of (E-Mail Removed) and not (E-Mail Removed).

thanks for your help so far.

Alex

--

"Trent C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bnedqn$ofg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a domain name www.mydomain.com and with this I get email

forwarding
> > so that emails sent to (E-Mail Removed) get sent to my email address
> > (E-Mail Removed).
> >
> > This works But I am wondering if I can use the (E-Mail Removed) email
> > address to send emails.
> >
> > If so how do I set this up.
> >
> > I am using outlook express 6

> Yes you can: click on Tools - Accounts and double click on your email
> account. Enter (E-Mail Removed) in the 'from' and 'reply to' fields.

Stevo

MS wrote:
> I have done this.
>
> It looks ok from the send point of view. But the received mail has a
> "from field" of (E-Mail Removed) and not (E-Mail Removed).
>
> thanks for your help so far.
>
> Alex
>

> "Trent C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bnedqn$ofg$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I have a domain name www.mydomain.com and with this I get email
>>> forwarding so that emails sent to (E-Mail Removed) get sent to my
>>> email address (E-Mail Removed).
>>>
>>> This works But I am wondering if I can use the (E-Mail Removed)
>>> email address to send emails.
>>>
>>> If so how do I set this up.
>>>
>>> I am using outlook express 6

>> Yes you can: click on Tools - Accounts and double click on your email
>> account. Enter (E-Mail Removed) in the 'from' and 'reply to'
>> fields.

When you send an email, you need to select the required account to use in
the 'From' field in the email itself, if it is other than the default
account you have set.

--
Stevo
(pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

MS

I did use the account that now displays as (E-Mail Removed) but the
received email said from (E-Mail Removed).

Alex

news:3f9acfc2$0$28123$(E-Mail Removed) u...

MS wrote:
> I did use the account that now displays as (E-Mail Removed) but the
> received email said from (E-Mail Removed).
>
> Alex
>

> "Stevo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f9acfc2$0$28123$(E-Mail Removed) u...
>> MS wrote:
>>> I have done this.
>>>
>>> It looks ok from the send point of view. But the received mail has
>>> a "from field" of (E-Mail Removed) and not
>>> (E-Mail Removed).
>>>
>>> thanks for your help so far.
>>>
>>> Alex
>>>

>>> "Trent C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:bnedqn$ofg$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> When you send an email, you need to select the required account to
>> use in the 'From' field in the email itself, if it is other than the
>> default account you have set.
>>
>> --
>> Stevo
>> (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

What happens if you set the (E-Mail Removed) as the default email account?

--
Stevo
(pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

MS

Having set (E-Mail Removed) as the default email account I still receive
the mail from (E-Mail Removed).

MS wrote:
> Having set (E-Mail Removed) as the default email account I still
> receive the mail from (E-Mail Removed).
>

>> What happens if you set the (E-Mail Removed) as the default email
>> account?

I find that very strange.. I use mail accounts on several servers and don't
have that sort of trouble.

It is particularly odd, that having set one account as the default, emails
sent out seem to carry a different account.

Although you are probably sick of doing it, check each of the mail accounts
again, double check that the E-Mail and Reply address fields are set exactly
as you want them. Close OE and reopen it, then check those settings again..
and that the right email account is set to default.

You could try doing a repair, Control Panel | Add Remove Programs - Internet
Explorer .. you will get an option to do a repair.

I haven't checked if there is anything specific to your problem here, but it
might be worth a look..

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

--

MS wrote:
> Having set (E-Mail Removed) as the default email account I still
> receive the mail from (E-Mail Removed).
>

>> What happens if you set the (E-Mail Removed) as the default email
>> account?

With regard to your forwarding.. how and where are you setting that?