Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Home Page keeps changing

Home Page keeps changing

don

My default Home Page keeps changing after a reboot, I have a feeling that
this is a result of some website cookie which implanted itself into my
computer..... how do I find this devil and keep it from changing my Home
Page default internet browser setting......

Mara

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:42:43 -0400, don wrote:

>My default Home Page keeps changing after a reboot, I have a feeling that
>this is a result of some website cookie which implanted itself into my
>computer..... how do I find this devil and keep it from changing my Home
>Page default internet browser setting......

Download Spybot Search and Destroy, AdAware, and SpywareBlaster, update them,
and run them.

--
<fnord> (AB deserves to get paid more than me; I just deal with
machines, he deals with lusers)

°Mike°

Install and use:

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spyware Blaster

HijackThis
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:42:43 -0400, in
<bne9l7$7db$(E-Mail Removed)>
don scrawled:

>My default Home Page keeps changing after a reboot, I have a feeling that
>this is a result of some website cookie which implanted itself into my
>computer..... how do I find this devil and keep it from changing my Home
>Page default internet browser setting......

--
Basic computer maintenance

Harrison

Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and
dialers.
The second one will protect your system from further infection by such
diseases.