Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > email and reply all

email and reply all

sally

I just purchased new computers at home and work. After the purchase,
the "Reply All" feature on my Internet based (squirrel mail) email
program no longer works for mailing out to my entire school. My
account can "Reply All" on other machines--just not the XP running
machines that I have at school and home. Therefore, I have decided
that this is a setting on the computer--and not the email program.
What is this setting and what do I do to change the setting? I need
the capability to send out full school emails (as the web person for
the school, etc.) and the email program we use does not have an
advanced address book feature. Therefore, reply all is my best
choice. I appreciate any help.

Harrison

It may be a java function. XP doesn't ship with java, but you can
download it and add it.
http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html
Run Windows Update after installation.

On 25 Oct 2003 08:21:02 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (sally) wrote:

>I just purchased new computers at home and work. After the purchase,
>the "Reply All" feature on my Internet based (squirrel mail) email
>program no longer works for mailing out to my entire school. My
>account can "Reply All" on other machines--just not the XP running
>machines that I have at school and home. Therefore, I have decided
>that this is a setting on the computer--and not the email program.
>What is this setting and what do I do to change the setting? I need
>the capability to send out full school emails (as the web person for
>the school, etc.) and the email program we use does not have an
>advanced address book feature. Therefore, reply all is my best
>choice. I appreciate any help.

Roy Jones

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:32:42 -0400, Harrison wrote:

> It may be a java function. XP doesn't ship with java, but you can
> download it and add it.
> http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html
> Run Windows Update after installation.
>
> On 25 Oct 2003 08:21:02 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (sally) wrote:
>
>>I just purchased new computers at home and work. After the purchase,
>>the "Reply All" feature on my Internet based (squirrel mail) email
>>program no longer works for mailing out to my entire school. My
>>account can "Reply All" on other machines--just not the XP running
>>machines that I have at school and home. Therefore, I have decided
>>that this is a setting on the computer--and not the email program.
>>What is this setting and what do I do to change the setting? I need
>>the capability to send out full school emails (as the web person for
>>the school, etc.) and the email program we use does not have an
>>advanced address book feature. Therefore, reply all is my best
>>choice. I appreciate any help.

Definitely go over your browser configuration as the previous response
suggests. Also, does your address book support aliasing? If so, creating an
alias for a group that you mass-mail regularly would be a superior
alternative to using "Reply All."

Roy