Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Minimum requirements.

Minimum requirements.

Bobby Tupper

I am not a music buff, but I am getting a cheap C.D. copier to save some
old motown tapes before my tape recorder eats any more.
I am on Win 98.
Is there a minimum requirement for processor speed, Ram etc?
for these devices as on the addys I have seen for both internal and
external, they just give copying speeds.
I.E dabs.com
Ta.

Matt Ferrari

"Bobby Tupper" <Bbtuuperr23@socmail..org> wrote in message
news:bnac4c$hko$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am not a music buff, but I am getting a cheap C.D. copier to save some
> old motown tapes before my tape recorder eats any more.
> I am on Win 98.
> Is there a minimum requirement for processor speed, Ram etc?
> for these devices as on the addys I have seen for both internal and
> external, they just give copying speeds.
> I.E dabs.com
> Ta.

Have to check out the specs on the product you want to buy. I can tell you
that my machine
is pretty old, PII with 128 ram and 450mgz processor, it does fine.

incidently i would check out some file sharing programs before you
spend a lot of time converting things. You may be able to find
the mp3'd done by someone else.

Bobby Tupper

"Matt Ferrari" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MF2mb.6604$(E-Mail Removed) .com...

> "Bobby Tupper" <Bbtuuperr23@socmail..org> wrote in message
> news:bnac4c$hko$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am not a music buff, but I am getting a cheap C.D. copier to save

some
> > old motown tapes before my tape recorder eats any more.
> > I am on Win 98.
> > Is there a minimum requirement for processor speed, Ram etc?
> > for these devices as on the addys I have seen for both internal and
> > external, they just give copying speeds.
> > I.E dabs.com
> > Ta.
> >

> Have to check out the specs on the product you want to buy. I can tell

you
> that my machine
> is pretty old, PII with 128 ram and 450mgz processor, it does fine.
>
> incidently i would check out some file sharing programs before you
> spend a lot of time converting things. You may be able to find
> the mp3'd done by someone else.

Cheers actually my desk top has a new cd drive, so I was not changing
that, (kids games) but my old laptop has a 500mhz processor and160
ram.(2 cards) So might be o.k?

Paxo

Err, well I used to run a single speed writer in a P75 so I guess you might
JUST be up to scratch.........
No worries mate,it will work fine.
news:bnadnb$r66$(E-Mail Removed)...