Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Installing Win98 on Multi-Boot

Installing Win98 on Multi-Boot

Harrison

If the NT drive is formatted with NTFS, you'll have to use
non-destructive partitioning software to create a partition for 98SE
from the free space on the NT drive.
Partition magic is good. Google search for others.
Also, if you're dual booting, a new installation in this order is
going to be difficult. Usually, it's best to install 98 first, then
NT.
It can be done, but you need to research and plan it properly.

Just out of curiosity, why do you need a backup before formatting and
installing 98 again?

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 23:16:55 -0400, "PreviousPoster"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I want to install Win98SE on one of my partitions; my CURRENTLY WINNT
>formatted drive. How do I go about that if I'm using BootMagic?
>
>My CURRENT Win98SE drive is the default drive, but it's crashing, and I want
>to have a backup of Win98SE installed before blowing away the old Win98SE
>drive.
>
>Thanks.

PreviousPoster