Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Where Is Scandisk In XP?

Where Is Scandisk In XP?

saramuzzy

I just upgraded to XP and I can't find scandisk. Someone help me please.

Harrison

Start>Run> chkdsk
That's checkdisk and that's what you get with xp.
If you want it to automatically run and fix errors on the next boot,
type chkdsk /f

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:19:52 -0400, saramuzzy <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I just upgraded to XP and I can't find scandisk. Someone help me please.

Pauline Johnson

wrote:

>I just upgraded to XP and I can't find scandisk. Someone help me please.

Go to "Start" button, select "Help and Support" then enter "Scan Disk"
in search.

--
Paulie

pjpjpj FROM aussiemail THINGO com

Liz

"saramuzzy" wrote:
> I just upgraded to XP and I can't find scandisk. Someone help me please.

Open My Computer, right-click on Local Disk (C
choose Properties> Tools tab> under Error-checking,
press "Check Now"> in the Check disk options box, put a check mark
in both of the options> click Start.

A box will pop up saying you can't run disk check at this time,
do you want to start it the next time your computer restarts.
Click OK, Restart your computer. ScanDisk will run automatically
on startup, then you can run Defrag.