Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > deleting movies

deleting movies

drvnguy

I seem to have a problem deleting some types of files
mostly partially dowmloaded ,when i try to send to recycle bin it gives me
an eror mesage saying program is in use or by somebody else....i have
scanned for viruses but they are not infected .are there any programs that
will delete them or destroy them...thanks

Boomer

drvnguy, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I seem to have a problem deleting some types of files
> mostly partially dowmloaded ,

What type of files?

> when i try to send to recycle bin
> it gives me an eror mesage saying program is in use or by
> somebody else....

What programs do you have running when you try to delete them?

> i have scanned for viruses but they are not
> infected .are there any programs that will delete them or
> destroy them...thanks

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Harrison

Make sure Kazaa or other file sharing programs are closed before
deleting them. In most default setups, X ing of Kazaa merely drops it
to the system tray (bottom right next to the clock). Right-click the
icon and choose exit to fully close it.

If all else fails, boot to safe mode and delete from there.

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:51:12 -0400, "drvnguy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I seem to have a problem deleting some types of files
>mostly partially dowmloaded ,when i try to send to recycle bin it gives me
>an eror mesage saying program is in use or by somebody else....i have
>scanned for viruses but they are not infected .are there any programs that
>will delete them or destroy them...thanks

Richard

drvnguy wrote:

> I seem to have a problem deleting some types of files
> mostly partially dowmloaded ,when i try to send to recycle bin it
> gives me
> an eror mesage saying program is in use or by somebody else....i have
> scanned for viruses but they are not infected .are there any programs
> that
> will delete them or destroy them...thanks

ctrl+alt+del.
End task all programs except systray and explorer.
Be sure you are off line.
Now try deleting the files.
Chances are you'll find a Rundll32 listed and that is the reason you can't
delete them.
That would indicate something has embedded into the movie to do something
while in use.

Orion

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:22:43 -0500, "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote:

> > I seem to have a problem deleting some types of files
>> mostly partially dowmloaded ,when i try to send to recycle bin it
>> gives me
>> an eror mesage saying program is in use or by somebody else....i have
>> scanned for viruses but they are not infected .are there any programs
>> that
>> will delete them or destroy them...thanks

>ctrl+alt+del.
>End task all programs except systray and explorer.
>Be sure you are off line.
>Now try deleting the files.
>Chances are you'll find a Rundll32 listed and that is the reason you can't
>delete them.
>That would indicate something has embedded into the movie to do something
>while in use.

i was having the same problem. thanks for the tip. could expand on
your answer? what is rundll32 doing? why?