Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > UK Broadband - AOL or which is fastest, cheapest??

UK Broadband - AOL or which is fastest, cheapest??

Dribbler

I am searching for the best broadband deal in the UK.
AOL looks promising - but I have seen its software having virtually consumed
a friends computer - I don't want this!
Can I have the broadband but no crud that I don't want?
I am not that computer clever, but want a fast connection at the best price
(less than thirty quid) - is AOL a good deal or is BT better?
Which do you use and prefer?
Thankyou,

Dribbler (confused like you wouldn't believe!)

---

Mcploppy

Dribbler bashed at the keyboard and said :

> I am searching for the best broadband deal in the UK.
> AOL looks promising - but I have seen its software having virtually
> consumed a friends computer - I don't want this!
> Can I have the broadband but no crud that I don't want?
> I am not that computer clever, but want a fast connection at the best
> price (less than thirty quid) - is AOL a good deal or is BT better?
> Which do you use and prefer?
> Thankyou,
>
> Dribbler (confused like you wouldn't believe!)

Have a look here : http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

There are plenty of reviews etc

Enjoy

--
Mcploppy

{ Remove both MyShoes to email me }
{ Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
{ My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

why?

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:38:05 +0100, Dribbler wrote:

>I am searching for the best broadband deal in the UK.

Upgrade to NTL BB

>AOL looks promising - but I have seen its software having virtually consumed
>a friends computer - I don't want this!

Could start here
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/

Or any of the UK computer magazines that may have an ISP test/review
section?

<snip incl. useless broken AVG sig>

Me

Nunnayabidniz

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am searching for the best broadband deal in the UK.
>AOL looks promising - but I have seen its software having virtually consumed
>a friends computer - I don't want this!
>Can I have the broadband but no crud that I don't want?
>I am not that computer clever, but want a fast connection at the best price
>(less than thirty quid) - is AOL a good deal or is BT better?
>Which do you use and prefer?
>Thankyou,
>
>Dribbler (confused like you wouldn't believe!)

Stay away from AOL! They suck real bad.

Paxo

I was on Freeserve Broadband for 14months, not bad and reasonable support.
I have just switched to Zen internet, very pleased. Excellent speeds and 1st
class customer support. I only swapped becuase I want static IP's (which
Freeserve dont offer) as I run a server, but glad I did. Only probs with
Freeserve were when I cancelled, took them 3 days for the retention dept to
phone me back and actually accept my cancellation, then 10 days to clear the
line so I could get Zen on. Dont go for Arseholes On Line, it really does
take your PC over and is a nightmare to get rid of if you need to. Zen and
FS are same price, 27.99, note no contract with Zen, you can cancel after a
month if you like, FS is a minimum 12 month tie-in. Hope this helps.
www.freeserve.co.uk
www.zen.co.uk

"Dribbler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newszLlb.99$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am searching for the best broadband deal in the UK.
> AOL looks promising - but I have seen its software having virtually

consumed
> a friends computer - I don't want this!
> Can I have the broadband but no crud that I don't want?
> I am not that computer clever, but want a fast connection at the best

price
> (less than thirty quid) - is AOL a good deal or is BT better?
> Which do you use and prefer?
> Thankyou,
>
> Dribbler (confused like you wouldn't believe!)
>

> ---

Dribbler

"Paxo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f98cc28$0$12707$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> I was on Freeserve Broadband for 14months, not bad and reasonable support.
> I have just switched to Zen internet, very pleased. Excellent speeds and

1st
> class customer support. I only swapped becuase I want static IP's (which
> Freeserve dont offer) as I run a server, but glad I did. Only probs with
> Freeserve were when I cancelled, took them 3 days for the retention dept

> phone me back and actually accept my cancellation, then 10 days to clear

the
> line so I could get Zen on. Dont go for Arseholes On Line, it really does
> take your PC over and is a nightmare to get rid of if you need to. Zen and
> FS are same price, 27.99, note no contract with Zen, you can cancel after

> month if you like, FS is a minimum 12 month tie-in. Hope this helps.
> www.freeserve.co.uk
> www.zen.co.uk

Thankyou everyone for your help in finding a decent and suitable broadband
service. Lets hope that Tesco's aren't too uppy when I cancel my agreement
with them within a year. I think I shall go for Zen as Paxo suggested.

Dribbler

---