Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Deleted Files

Deleted Files

Peter Donovan

Hi
I wonder if someone has any ideas how to solve the problem that a
friend of mine has got

He copied all his photo files JPEG onto a recordable Cd and guese what he
deleted them of the computer into the recycle bin ,and to make matters worse
then by accident deleted the CD !! No this person is genuine not me

The poor guy is gutted as most of the files lost where of his children.

Has anybody got ant ideas as regards if he can get those files back from the
hard drive they must be there somewhere on the unused part of the drive?
Any Ideas thanks

Boomer

Peter Donovan, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi
> I wonder if someone has any ideas how to solve the
> problem that a
> friend of mine has got
>
> He copied all his photo files JPEG onto a recordable Cd and
> guese what he deleted them of the computer into the recycle bin
> ,and to make matters worse then by accident deleted the CD !! No
> this person is genuine not me
>
> The poor guy is gutted as most of the files lost where of his
> children.
>
> Has anybody got ant ideas as regards if he can get those files
> back from the hard drive they must be there somewhere on the
> unused part of the drive? Any Ideas thanks

Possibly this.
Restoration
"Restore files which are deleted from the recycle bin by mistake.
Conversely, delete files completely."
http://hccweb1.bai.ne.jp/~hcj58401/

°Mike°

Has he emptied the recycle bin? If not, they will still be
in there, and it's simply a matter of restoring them.

If he has emptied the recycle bin, it will depend on how
often he has used the drive since then, on what chance
he has of restoring any meaningful images.

Check the recycle bin first, and if necessary, tell him to
stop using the drive IMMEDIATELY! Install (on another
drive) GetDataBack
http://www.runtime.org/gdb.htm

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:44:38 +0100, in
<aNhlb.492$(E-Mail Removed)>
Peter Donovan scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

anthonyberet

Peter Donovan wrote:
> Hi
> I wonder if someone has any ideas how to solve the problem
> that a friend of mine has got
>
> He copied all his photo files JPEG onto a recordable Cd and guese
> what he deleted them of the computer into the recycle bin ,and to
> make matters worse then by accident deleted the CD !! No this person
> is genuine not me
>
> The poor guy is gutted as most of the files lost where of his
> children.
>
> Has anybody got ant ideas as regards if he can get those files back
> from the hard drive they must be there somewhere on the unused part
> of the drive? Any Ideas thanks

here are some sites to get started... (should be some free utilities there).
It is important that your friend doesn't use the computer until the
undeletion is done, as windows operations may overwrite his files, and then
they will be lost for good.
bounce.
Do you use filesharing networks? If so, please visit my online poll:
http://vote.sparklit.com/web_poll.spark/780772
anthonyberet

anthonyberet

anthonyberet wrote:
> Peter Donovan wrote:
>> Hi
>> I wonder if someone has any ideas how to solve the problem
>> that a friend of mine has got
>>
>> He copied all his photo files JPEG onto a recordable Cd and guese
>> what he deleted them of the computer into the recycle bin ,and to
>> make matters worse then by accident deleted the CD !! No this person
>> is genuine not me
>>
>> The poor guy is gutted as most of the files lost where of his
>> children.
>>
>> Has anybody got ant ideas as regards if he can get those files back
>> from the hard drive they must be there somewhere on the unused part
>> of the drive? Any Ideas thanks

> here are some sites to get started... (should be some free utilities
> there). It is important that your friend doesn't use the computer
> until the undeletion is done, as windows operations may overwrite his
> files, and then they will be lost for good.

Doh! I forgot the link:
http://www.software-x.com/software-x/undelete.html
bounce.
Do you use filesharing networks? If so, please visit my online poll:
http://vote.sparklit.com/web_poll.spark/780772
anthonyberet

QQQ

"Peter Donovan" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:aNhlb.492$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I wonder if someone has any ideas how to solve the problem that a
> friend of mine has got
>
> He copied all his photo files JPEG onto a recordable Cd and guese what he
> deleted them of the computer into the recycle bin ,and to make matters

worse
> then by accident deleted the CD !! No this person is genuine not me
>
> The poor guy is gutted as most of the files lost where of his children.
>
> Has anybody got ant ideas as regards if he can get those files back from

the
> hard drive they must be there somewhere on the unused part of the drive?
> Any Ideas thanks

Maybe it's possible to recover the files from the deleted CD. I don't have
any experience about recovering files from CD-ROM's but I've read somewhere
it might work. Anyone any idea?

WK

Boomer

anthonyberet, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> anthonyberet wrote:
>> Peter Donovan wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> I wonder if someone has any ideas how to solve the
>>> problem
>>> that a friend of mine has got
>>>
>>> He copied all his photo files JPEG onto a recordable Cd and
>>> guese what he deleted them of the computer into the recycle
>>> bin ,and to make matters worse then by accident deleted the CD
>>> !! No this person is genuine not me

[snip]
>> here are some sites to get started... (should be some free
>> utilities there). It is important that your friend doesn't use
>> the computer until the undeletion is done, as windows
>> operations may overwrite his files, and then they will be lost
>> for good.

> Doh! I forgot the link:
> http://www.software-x.com/software-x/undelete.html

For NT, 2k and XP only.

Boomer

Peter Donovan, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi
> I wonder if someone has any ideas how to solve the
> problem that a
> friend of mine has got
>
> He copied all his photo files JPEG onto a recordable Cd and
> guese what he deleted them of the computer into the recycle bin
> ,and to make matters worse then by accident deleted the CD !! No
> this person is genuine not me
>
> The poor guy is gutted as most of the files lost where of his
> children.
>
> Has anybody got ant ideas as regards if he can get those files
> back from the hard drive they must be there somewhere on the
> unused part of the drive? Any Ideas thanks

This was just posted today at acf for CD and floppy recovery.

"Recovery Is Possible"
Project URL: http://freshmeat.net/projects/recoveryispossible/

chino

Norton Utilities is another good resource
news:3f95ac62$0$199$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...

chino, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Norton Utilities is another good resource

Why tell me?

I won't use Norton/Symantec products.