Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to configure Zone Alarm for outlook express?

How to configure Zone Alarm for outlook express?

Richard Moreno

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.mindspring.com', Server:
'pop.mindspring.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

This is the message I get when logging in to outlook express and
the fine techs at Earthlink said to shut off Zone Alarm so I can
download email. How do you reconfigure ZA to stay on and download like
it once did. This problem has only occured during the last 3 days. Any
help would be appreciated.

Patch

"Richard Moreno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
> causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
> period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.mindspring.com', Server:
> 'pop.mindspring.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
>
> This is the message I get when logging in to outlook express and
> the fine techs at Earthlink said to shut off Zone Alarm so I can
> download email. How do you reconfigure ZA to stay on and download like
> it once did. This problem has only occured during the last 3 days. Any
> help would be appreciated.

What OS? If Win98 try a registry restore.

°Mike°

Uninstall Zone Alarm and try a different, easier to configure,
firewall.

Outpost v1 is free
http://www.agnitum.com/migratepages/...s_oldfree.html

Outpost Firewall Guide
http://outpostfirewall.com/guide/index.htm

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:32:51 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Richard Moreno scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Richard Moreno

windows xp

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:50:49 -0500, "Patch" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Richard Moreno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
>> causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
>> period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.mindspring.com', Server:
>> 'pop.mindspring.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
>> Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
>>
>> This is the message I get when logging in to outlook express and
>> the fine techs at Earthlink said to shut off Zone Alarm so I can
>> download email. How do you reconfigure ZA to stay on and download like
>> it once did. This problem has only occured during the last 3 days. Any
>> help would be appreciated.

>What OS? If Win98 try a registry restore.

Another Airnet User

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

>Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
>causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
>period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.mindspring.com', Server:
>'pop.mindspring.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
>Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
>
> This is the message I get when logging in to outlook express and
>the fine techs at Earthlink said to shut off Zone Alarm so I can
>download email. How do you reconfigure ZA to stay on and download like
>it once did. This problem has only occured during the last 3 days. Any
>help would be appreciated.

I really wonder if ZA is causing this. I think EL techs are misleading
you. To confirm, shut down ZA and try right after you get the error. If
you get the same error, then there's a problem with their mail server.

mhicaoidh

Taking a moment's reflection, Richard Moreno mused:

| This is the message I get when logging in to outlook express and
| the fine techs at Earthlink said to shut off Zone Alarm so I can
| download email. How do you reconfigure ZA to stay on and download like
| it once did. This problem has only occured during the last 3 days. Any
| help would be appreciated.

So, you've been running ZA and downloading your email fine until three
days ago? So, if you believe your ISP that it is ZA, what changes to ZA did
you make that might have caused the blockage?

You can try removing Outlook Express from the Program Controls list, and
then reloading it. Then re-assign permissions as needed when prompted by
ZA. Also, check your ZA logs for any blocked traffic when the event above
happens.