Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help Needed with a file called ATL.DLL

Help Needed with a file called ATL.DLL

Coug

On starting Explorer I keep getting the following message

"Can not run unencode version of ATL.DLL on Windows 95 please install the
correct version"

After hitting the ok button Explorer starts but when I open a new window or
get a pop up window the same thing happens.

I am currently using windows XP Home & Internet Explorer 6. Also all updates
are up-to-date

Any help would be very much appreciated

Harrison

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:28:12 +0000 (UTC), "Coug"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On starting Explorer I keep getting the following message
>

>"Can not run unencode version of ATL.DLL on Windows 95 please install the
>correct version"
>

>After hitting the ok button Explorer starts but when I open a new window or
>get a pop up window the same thing happens.
>

>I am currently using windows XP Home & Internet Explorer 6. Also all updates
>are up-to-date
>

>Any help would be very much appreciated

Try reinstalling IE6
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

Harrison
Live on Skype:windowshelp
WTF's Skype?
www.skype.com

°Mike°

PRB: Visual Studio 6.0 Installation Error: Can Not Run
Unicode Version of Atl.dll on Win 95 Please Install the
Correct Version

PRB: Registering ATL Server Causes 0x80040154 Error

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:28:12 +0000 (UTC), in
<bn15vb$h2b$(E-Mail Removed)>
Coug scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:36:14 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Harrison scrawled:

>On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:28:12 +0000 (UTC), "Coug"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On starting Explorer I keep getting the following message
>>
>>"Can not run unencode version of ATL.DLL on Windows 95 please install the
>>correct version"
>>
>>After hitting the ok button Explorer starts but when I open a new window or
>>get a pop up window the same thing happens.
>>
>>I am currently using windows XP Home & Internet Explorer 6. Also all updates
>>are up-to-date
>>
>>Any help would be very much appreciated
>>

>Try reinstalling IE6
>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

Please fix your sig.

<snip broken sig>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Harrison

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:59:57 +0100, °Mike°
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:36:14 -0400, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Harrison scrawled:
>
>>On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:28:12 +0000 (UTC), "Coug"
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>On starting Explorer I keep getting the following message
>>>
>>>"Can not run unencode version of ATL.DLL on Windows 95 please install the
>>>correct version"
>>>
>>>After hitting the ok button Explorer starts but when I open a new window or
>>>get a pop up window the same thing happens.
>>>
>>>I am currently using windows XP Home & Internet Explorer 6. Also all updates
>>>are up-to-date
>>>
>>>Any help would be very much appreciated
>>>

>>Try reinstalling IE6
>>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

>Please fix your sig.
>
><snip broken sig>

My sig?
What's broken about it?

Harrison
Live on Skype:windowshelp
WTF's Skype?
www.skype.com

°Mike°

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:14:42 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Harrison scrawled:

>On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:59:57 +0100, °Mike°
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:36:14 -0400, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Harrison scrawled:

>>>Try reinstalling IE6
>>>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

>>Please fix your sig.
>>
>><snip broken sig>

>My sig?
>What's broken about it?

It has no delimiter - in effect, it could be argued you are spamming.

<snip broken sig.>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Harrison

>>My sig?
>>What's broken about it?

>It has no delimiter - in effect, it could be argued you are spamming.
>
><snip broken sig.>

Better?
-
Harrison
Live on Skype:windowshelp
WTF's Skype?
www.skype.com

°Mike°

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:40:07 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Harrison scrawled:

>>>My sig?
>>>What's broken about it?

>>It has no delimiter - in effect, it could be argued you are spamming.
>>
>><snip broken sig.>

>Better?

No. A delimiter is [DASH][DASH][SPACE][RETURN]

<snip broken sig.>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Harrison

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:43:49 +0100, °Mike°
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:40:07 -0400, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Harrison scrawled:

>>>It has no delimiter - in effect, it could be argued you are spamming.
>>>
>>><snip broken sig.>

>>Better?

>No. A delimiter is [DASH][DASH][SPACE][RETURN]
>
><snip broken sig.>

Well, I added a dash. Sorry if it still bothers you.
Your "Moron" replies bothered me slightly, but I'm over it now.
Hope you get over this soon.
-
Harrison
Live on Skype:windowshelp
WTF's Skype?
www.skype.com

°Mike°

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:48:19 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Harrison scrawled:

>On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:43:49 +0100, °Mike°
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:40:07 -0400, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Harrison scrawled:

>>>Better?

>>No. A delimiter is [DASH][DASH][SPACE][RETURN]
>>
>><snip broken sig.>

>Well, I added a dash. Sorry if it still bothers you.

You really are a moron, aren't you?

>Your "Moron" replies bothered me slightly, but I'm over it now.

Sure you are.

>Hope you get over this soon.

Liar.

And please fix your sig.