Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > power saving error

power saving error

Hooter

If my laptop is dormant for a little while it shuts down (obviously power
saving) but when I press a key
to fire it up again the mouse pad moves the arrow pointer but I am unable to
click or double click with it. I can only
click with the mouse pad buttons. If I restart the laptop, everything is
fine.

Any ideas ?? can be very annoying.

Rgds Simon

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 8200 win xp pro

Harrison

Your touch pad drivers don't seem to be restarting correctly from
suspend mode.
You could use the power settings to disable hibernation or to change
the timeouts. I always set a laptop to always on when connected to AC
power.
Also, you should press the power button to bring it out of
hibernation.
You may also want to check with Dell support. Just brush up on your
Hindi-English before you call

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:54:59 +0000 (UTC), "Hooter"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If my laptop is dormant for a little while it shuts down (obviously power
>saving) but when I press a key
>to fire it up again the mouse pad moves the arrow pointer but I am unable to
>click or double click with it. I can only
>click with the mouse pad buttons. If I restart the laptop, everything is
>fine.
>
>Any ideas ?? can be very annoying.
>
>Rgds Simon
>
>Laptop: Dell Inspiron 8200 win xp pro

Harrison
Live on Skype:windowshelp
WTF's Skype?
www.skype.com

Hooter

Tks very much for info
Please don't tell me Dell's call centre is also in India.
What is this country coming to !!!
I work for BA, and all they want to do is send what they can to
Pune Mumbai.

Rgds Hooter

"Harrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Your touch pad drivers don't seem to be restarting correctly from
> suspend mode.
> You could use the power settings to disable hibernation or to change
> the timeouts. I always set a laptop to always on when connected to AC
> power.
> Also, you should press the power button to bring it out of
> hibernation.
> You may also want to check with Dell support. Just brush up on your
> Hindi-English before you call
>
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:54:59 +0000 (UTC), "Hooter"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >If my laptop is dormant for a little while it shuts down (obviously power
> >saving) but when I press a key
> >to fire it up again the mouse pad moves the arrow pointer but I am unable

> >click or double click with it. I can only
> >click with the mouse pad buttons. If I restart the laptop, everything is
> >fine.
> >
> >Any ideas ?? can be very annoying.
> >
> >Rgds Simon
> >
> >Laptop: Dell Inspiron 8200 win xp pro
> >

> Harrison
> Live on Skype:windowshelp
> WTF's Skype?
> www.skype.com

Shepİ

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:54:59 +0000 (UTC), Knowing that it was a
Hollywood invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Hooter"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>If my laptop is dormant for a little while it shuts down (obviously power
>saving) but when I press a key
>to fire it up again the mouse pad moves the arrow pointer but I am unable to
>click or double click with it. I can only
>click with the mouse pad buttons. If I restart the laptop, everything is
>fine.
>
>Any ideas ?? can be very annoying.
>
>Rgds Simon
>
>Laptop: Dell Inspiron 8200 win xp pro