Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Kazaa Video Downloads Sans the Video...

Kazaa Video Downloads Sans the Video...

righter

All I get are "visualizations", which I can get with plain ole audio files.
Anybody know a specific codec or codecs that I need to play these certain
files? Thanks.

Harrison

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 05:42:15 -0700, "righter" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>All I get are "visualizations", which I can get with plain ole audio files.
>Anybody know a specific codec or codecs that I need to play these certain
>files? Thanks.

Use Gspot to determine the required codec.
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Harrison
Skype:windowshelp

hugh jass

First of all, you should know that use of Kazaa or other P2P tools is
considered against the law. It may be risky!
If you are willing to take this risk, then get rid of Kazaa and use
Kazaa-Lite. It's the same thing, only no ads or spyware and faster. You
can find this version at http://www.klitesite.com/.
It's on the left side under Downloads and is called 'Kazaa Lite K++.'
Just under this, you'll see something called 'K-Lite Codec Pack.' Download
and install this and you'll have all the codecs you need to play your video
files.
g'luck, hj.

--
______________________
"righter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: All I get are "visualizations", which I can get with plain ole audio
files.
: Anybody know a specific codec or codecs that I need to play these certain
: files? Thanks.
:
:

-= Hawk =-

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:45:55 -0400, "hugh jass"
<(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:

>First of all, you should know that use of Kazaa or other P2P tools is
>considered against the law. It may be risky!

First of all you should know that that statement is complete
and total bullshit. It is NOT illegal to install, run or use P2P
software.

>If you are willing to take this risk, then get rid of Kazaa and use

The only risks involved are when you decided to download
or share copywritten material.

>Kazaa-Lite. It's the same thing, only no ads or spyware and faster. You
>can find this version at http://www.klitesite.com/.
>It's on the left side under Downloads and is called 'Kazaa Lite K++.'
>Just under this, you'll see something called 'K-Lite Codec Pack.' Download
>and install this and you'll have all the codecs you need to play your video
>files.

Hardly all.

Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett

lol, that's what I was gonna say.
"-= Hawk =-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:45:55 -0400, "hugh jass"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:
>
> >First of all, you should know that use of Kazaa or other P2P tools is
> >considered against the law. It may be risky!

> First of all you should know that that statement is complete
> and total bullshit. It is NOT illegal to install, run or use P2P
> software.
>
> >If you are willing to take this risk, then get rid of Kazaa and use

> The only risks involved are when you decided to download
> or share copywritten material.
>
> >Kazaa-Lite. It's the same thing, only no ads or spyware and faster. You
> >can find this version at http://www.klitesite.com/.
> >It's on the left side under Downloads and is called 'Kazaa Lite K++.'
> >Just under this, you'll see something called 'K-Lite Codec Pack.'

Download
> >and install this and you'll have all the codecs you need to play your

video
> >files.

> Hardly all.
>
> --
> 'What Profiteth It A Kingdom If The Oxen Be Deflated?'
> Riddles II, v3
> - T. Pratchett

hugh jass

holy shite... you try to help someone out and put in a disclaimer while
you're at it and people jump all over you. i apologize for posting here -
didn't realize it was a ****ing contest.

--
______________________
"3263232" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bn153b$nae$(E-Mail Removed)...
: lol, that's what I was gonna say.
: "-= Hawk =-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:tbt7pv8si00goas0m0sebq8617uk9badpo@news-server...
: > On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:45:55 -0400, "hugh jass"
: > <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:
: >
[...]
: > --
: > 'What Profiteth It A Kingdom If The Oxen Be Deflated?'
: > Riddles II, v3
: > - T. Pratchett
:
:

righter

"Harrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 05:42:15 -0700, "righter" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >All I get are "visualizations", which I can get with plain ole audio

files.
> >Anybody know a specific codec or codecs that I need to play these certain
> >files? Thanks.
> >

> Use Gspot to determine the required codec.
> http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Thanks, bud. Any special instructions a novice needs to work this thing?
Sure would appreciate it.

> Harrison
> Skype:windowshelp

righter

"hugh jass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Cn%kb.2974$(E-Mail Removed)...
> holy shite... you try to help someone out and put in a disclaimer while
> you're at it and people jump all over you. i apologize for posting here -
> didn't realize it was a ****ing contest.

I appreciated it.