Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > No access to disk C

No access to disk C

Adi

When I start computer I get message about bad FAT32 (corupt or it can be a
virus infected).
When I start computer with Boot Diskete, then I can see only those on drive
C, whats was copied from floppy.
What to do first?

Ralph Mann

Adi said:

> When I start computer I get message about bad FAT32 (corupt or it can be a
> virus infected).
> When I start computer with Boot Diskete, then I can see only those on drive
> C, whats was copied from floppy.
> What to do first?
> (E-Mail Removed)

I think that you are seeing the files that are on the floppy after you boot from
it.
Type C: at the prompt to swap from A: to the C:

Jackie

"Adi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RfDkb.4692$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I start computer I get message about bad FAT32 (corupt or it can be a
> virus infected).
> When I start computer with Boot Diskete, then I can see only those on

drive
> C, whats was copied from floppy.
> What to do first?
> (E-Mail Removed)

learn how to read what is displayed on the screen or learn how to type.

Dennis C. Cooney

Hello,
See if it will boot into safe mode. Run Scandisk. It could very well be that
the hard disk
has become corrupted to the point it must be replaced. It the machine will
NOT boot to
safe mode, use the startup disk and run scandisk from there. Be mentally
prepared to
purchase a new hard drive and reinstall the OS and any programs you have
added since
you first took delivery of the machine.
news:bmv49o$qt8b9$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...