Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: spyhunter

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: spyhunter

 
 
ivan clough
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-19-2003

"ivan clough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:...
> Hi.
> You are all quite right of course. I am already running
> spybot and adaware successfully, I think, so why on
> earth I opted for spyhunter, I really do no know.....
> P*****d at the time!!! Sorry for troubling you chaps.
> Ivan
> Ps. A scan with spyhunter dug up a few spyware

Having said that though. I have just done a scan with
adaware and spybot, during which they removed unwanted
files and cookies.
I then did a scan immediately after with spyhunter, and it
unearth the following
3 parasites (named DRYFUCA, and 2 named SearcheX
from AcrolEHelper and a cookie named? Lopcom
Of course I cannot remove these as I havent paid for spy
hunter yet.
Any comments please?
Ivan



> "Harrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I agree with Dennis.
> > Why would you pay for what you can get free elsewhere?
> > Also consider Adaware. Between it and Spybot S&D, there is nothing
> > left to chance.
> >
> > On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 17:48:28 GMT, "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@noBS.nada>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >http://www.enigmasoftwaregroup.com/m...pyhunter.shtml
> > >
> > >"Harrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > >> It's an OK arcade style game.
> > >> But somehow, I'm sensing you're not talking about the game?
> > >> How about a URL?
> > >>
> > >> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:13:55 +0100, "ivan clough"
> > >> <> wrote:
> > >>
> > >> >I have just insttalled spy hunter on my pc.
> > >> >Anyone else used it? Any comments on it. good
> > >> >or bad?
> > >> >TIA
> > >> >Ivan
> > >> >
> > >>
> > >> Skype:windowshelp
> > >

> >
> > Skype:windowshelp

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Buffalo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-19-2003

"ivan clough" <> wrote in message news:bmu9hj$mjp$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "ivan clough" <> wrote in message news:...
> > Hi.
> > You are all quite right of course. I am already running
> > spybot and adaware successfully, I think, so why on
> > earth I opted for spyhunter, I really do no know.....
> > P*****d at the time!!! Sorry for troubling you chaps.
> > Ivan
> > Ps. A scan with spyhunter dug up a few spyware

> Having said that though. I have just done a scan with
> adaware and spybot, during which they removed unwanted
> files and cookies.
> I then did a scan immediately after with spyhunter, and it
> unearth the following
> 3 parasites (named DRYFUCA, and 2 named SearcheX
> from AcrolEHelper and a cookie named? Lopcom
> Of course I cannot remove these as I havent paid for spy
> hunter yet.
> Any comments please?
> Ivan
>

Curious.
Are you running AdAware ver6, build 6.181 with the latest definition
update?(actually there is one today 01R226 10.19.03)
Spybot ver 1.2 with the lates definition update?

Also, try this free program. It helps prevent hijacking your Start Page in
one of its options besides stopping much adware from even getting on your PC
in the first place.

SpywareBlaster
http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Boomer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-19-2003
ivan clough wrote:

>
> "ivan clough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:...
>> Hi.
>> You are all quite right of course. I am already running
>> spybot and adaware successfully, I think, so why on
>> earth I opted for spyhunter, I really do no know.....
>> P*****d at the time!!! Sorry for troubling you chaps.
>> Ivan
>> Ps. A scan with spyhunter dug up a few spyware

> Having said that though. I have just done a scan with
> adaware and spybot, during which they removed unwanted
> files and cookies.
> I then did a scan immediately after with spyhunter, and it
> unearth the following
> 3 parasites (named DRYFUCA, and 2 named SearcheX
> from AcrolEHelper and a cookie named? Lopcom
> Of course I cannot remove these as I havent paid for spy
> hunter yet.
> Any comments please?
> Ivan


Why did you start a new thread (cut and paste from old)and reply to
yourself here?

Have you uspdated Spybot and Ad-aware's dat files? What version of
Ad-Aware do you have?
>
>
>> "Harrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I agree with Dennis.
>> > Why would you pay for what you can get free elsewhere?
>> > Also consider Adaware. Between it and Spybot S&D, there is
>> > nothing left to chance.
>> >
>> > On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 17:48:28 GMT, "Buffalo"
>> > <eric(nospam)@noBS.nada> wrote:
>> >
>> > >http://www.enigmasoftwaregroup.com/m...pyhunter.shtml
>> > >
>> > >"Harrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> > >> It's an OK arcade style game.
>> > >> But somehow, I'm sensing you're not talking about the
>> > >> game? How about a URL?
>> > >>
>> > >> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:13:55 +0100, "ivan clough"
>> > >> <> wrote:
>> > >>
>> > >> >I have just insttalled spy hunter on my pc.
>> > >> >Anyone else used it? Any comments on it. good
>> > >> >or bad?
>> > >> >TIA
>> > >> >Ivan



 
Reply With Quote
 
John H. Guillory
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-20-2003
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:17:12 +0100, "ivan clough"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>3 parasites (named DRYFUCA, and 2 named SearcheX
>from AcrolEHelper and a cookie named? Lopcom
>Of course I cannot remove these as I havent paid for spy
>hunter yet.

The cookie's a piece of cake to delete.... Just go into the directory
where your cookies are stored, select them, and press the delete
key.... You may have to play around with permissions or something,
make sure IE is closed.... Or, tell IE to delete the stupid
cookies.... lopcom is lop.com, bear in mind this.... NEVER EVER VISIT
THAT SITE, under ANY FRIGGEN CONDITIONS.... and tell your friends, if
any of them visits that site and e-mails you, they are to be banned
from looking at you ever again! That ass of nine site caused me so
much trouble one day!!!!! A friend uses Outlook express, and some
how, he visited the site.... It setup a auto-run web page in the
startup folder to add a signature to every e-mail he sends out saying
to visit lop.com for searching.... I thought he liked it so much, he
added it to his signature, so I tried it out.... I then got the same
problem in my e-mail..... I couldn't get rid of it, till I learned how
it worked.... You first got to delete the signature from Outlook
Express, then delete the web-pages from the startup folder, then I
think search the registry, and delete the cookie.... If you don't
delete the html files in your startup directory (forgot what its
named, but there's 1-2 html files in your startup folder), that will
continously add a signature to your outlook express each time you post
a message.... I sent some very angry messages to them about their
VIRUS LIKE approach of ADVERTISING at MY EXPENSE without my knowladge!
lop.com should be avoided BIG TIME! Anytime I see anything that says
LOP.COM, I go through my system with a fine-tooth comb!
>Any comments please?

Yeah, beat the crap out of whoever put lop.com on your system.... Even
if its yourself!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using Spyhunter JayneB Computer Support 3 04-04-2004 04:53 PM
Spyhunter v1.1.29 triplem123 Computer Support 2 03-02-2004 11:08 PM
SpyHunter Software - Affiliate Program Is Available Warren76 Computer Security 2 12-25-2003 05:52 PM
SpyHunter Johnny Love Computer Support 1 11-28-2003 04:20 PM
spyhunter ivan clough Computer Support 7 10-20-2003 05:40 AM



Advertisments