Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Anyone use abbyy finereader?

Anyone use abbyy finereader?

Twixer

Hi all I am looking for some help on using abbyy finreader 7.0 when I
transfer it to a "word" doc I cannot (try as i might) to get background
colours to transfer, ie just want the full scan to move and not just random
blocks of text as is happening now.
thanks for any help !

--
Regards Ron...........

Dennis

I hve used abbyy, although just the lit version 5 that came with my printer.
This version just gathers the text. Now prior to this its been several
years since I used OCR software, but that's basically what it does, gather
the text, not recreate the entire page.

OK, just checked the web page, if you are using the professional edition, it
does offer layout retention, are you using the pro edition or an edition
that came with a scanner?

Check their web page:

http://www.abbyy.com/

Hope this helps.

"Twixer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KRukb.5804$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all I am looking for some help on using abbyy finreader 7.0 when I
> transfer it to a "word" doc I cannot (try as i might) to get background
> colours to transfer, ie just want the full scan to move and not just

random
> blocks of text as is happening now.
> thanks for any help !
>
> --
> Regards Ron...........

Twixer

Thanks for the prompt reply, yes its the pro edition, Still cant get the
full page after a very slight alteration to go over to word though

--
Regards Ron...........