Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > remotely accessing my pc

remotely accessing my pc

Kendra Kay

Sometimes I need files from my home pc (Win XP, ntl broadband, Office XP -
missed anything?) while I'm at work. I either have to leave and go back home
to get it or try to find a way to remind my self to get it the next day.
Doesn't happen often, but annoying when it does.
Is there any way I cn have some sort of web access ty my home PC from
work?-considering it's connected to broadband and ON all the time?
Thanx
Kendra

Harrison

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 07:03:09 +0100, "Kendra Kay"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sometimes I need files from my home pc (Win XP, ntl broadband, Office XP -
>missed anything?) while I'm at work. I either have to leave and go back home
>to get it or try to find a way to remind my self to get it the next day.
>Doesn't happen often, but annoying when it does.
>Is there any way I cn have some sort of web access ty my home PC from
>work?-considering it's connected to broadband and ON all the time?
>Thanx
>Kendra

https://www.gotomypc.com/

Harrison
Skype:windowshelp

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

Some time, on or about: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 07:03:09 +0100, "Kendra Kay"
<(E-Mail Removed)> was criminally insane in my
professional opinion when they claimed the following balderdash:

>Sometimes I need files from my home pc (Win XP, ntl broadband, Office XP -
>missed anything?) while I'm at work. I either have to leave and go back home
>to get it or try to find a way to remind my self to get it the next day.
>Doesn't happen often, but annoying when it does.
>Is there any way I cn have some sort of web access ty my home PC from
>work?-considering it's connected to broadband and ON all the time?
>Thanx
>Kendra

Here's a handy hint: Open up Help and Support and you'll find
information the information you want by typing in Remote Access. You
can also do it with a search engine like Google. Then there's also PC
Anywhere but you have to pay for that.

Kendra Kay

"Kendra Kay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BOpkb.1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sometimes I need files from my home pc (Win XP, ntl broadband, Office XP -
> missed anything?) while I'm at work. I either have to leave and go back

home
> to get it or try to find a way to remind my self to get it the next day.
> Doesn't happen often, but annoying when it does.
> Is there any way I cn have some sort of web access ty my home PC from
> work?-considering it's connected to broadband and ON all the time?
> Thanx
> Kendra

Thank you. I'll look into those
Kendra

Mike0000

Kendra Kay wrote:

> Sometimes I need files from my home pc (Win XP, ntl broadband, Office XP -
> missed anything?) while I'm at work. I either have to leave and go back home
> to get it or try to find a way to remind my self to get it the next day.
> Doesn't happen often, but annoying when it does.
> Is there any way I cn have some sort of web access ty my home PC from
> work?-considering it's connected to broadband and ON all the time?
> Thanx
> Kendra

A quick and dirty solution is to run a webserver and put your My
Document files in a password protected directory. Point your browser to
your IP address and that's it.

IIS is free and so is Apache and they both do this.
--
Mike
Block Banner Ads Now

Mike

Use the Windows XP Remote Desktop connection feature.
"Kendra Kay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BOpkb.1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sometimes I need files from my home pc (Win XP, ntl broadband, Office XP -
> missed anything?) while I'm at work. I either have to leave and go back

home
> to get it or try to find a way to remind my self to get it the next day.
> Doesn't happen often, but annoying when it does.
> Is there any way I cn have some sort of web access ty my home PC from
> work?-considering it's connected to broadband and ON all the time?
> Thanx
> Kendra

nemo

Check with your IT dept before you do anything, as you may compromise
the security of your network.

Regards

nemo

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sometimes I need files from my home pc (Win XP, ntl broadband, Office XP -
>missed anything?) while I'm at work. I either have to leave and go back home
>to get it or try to find a way to remind my self to get it the next day.
>Doesn't happen often, but annoying when it does.
>Is there any way I cn have some sort of web access ty my home PC from
>work?-considering it's connected to broadband and ON all the time?
>Thanx
>Kendra

Tony Montana

VNC is really good and Free, but Radmin is definitely the fastest way better
and less complicated than PCAnywhere!!
Good luck

Kendra Kay

will try
merci
kendra
"Tony Montana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UXTkb.411464$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
VNC is really good and Free, but Radmin is definitely the fastest way better
and less complicated than PCAnywhere!!
Good luck

Smith

Well, since you are trying to access your home pc through Internet,
remote access solution seems to be the best option. Gotomypc, as
suggested by Mr. Harrison is a good option, so is RemotePC
(http://www.remotepc.com/).
I use RemotePC to access my office pc when I am at home, since it is
fast, reliable and very secure. I can access my data and can also
transfer files. RemotePC works behind most firewalls without any
special port settings making remote access uncomplicated.

Regards
Ed