Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Plz help

Plz help

fokker

I have recently just formated my comp and forgot the servers name i was
using. Its not a subscribed server just a free one from my isp_
{BLUEYONDER}. The one i am using just now is news.blueyonder.co.uk/ but
there is another from the same isp but with way better retention levels and
more groups. Can anyone plz help.

Boomer

fokker wrote:

> I have recently just formated my comp and forgot the servers
> name i was using. Its not a subscribed server just a free one
> from my isp_ {BLUEYONDER}. The one i am using just now is
> news.blueyonder.co.uk/ but there is another from the same isp
> but with way better retention levels and more groups. Can anyone
> plz help.

Have you asked at a BlueYonder newsgroup?

news.blueyonder.co.uk

°Mike°

Server Names
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/co...d/server.shtml

Binary News: news.blueyonder.co.uk
Text-based newsgroups ONLY: news-text.blueyonder.co.uk

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 07:28:41 GMT, in
<Xns94184D37DC21fokkefokcom@194.117.133.134>
fokker scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

why?

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 07:28:41 GMT, fokker wrote:

>I have recently just formated my comp and forgot the servers name i was
>using. Its not a subscribed server just a free one from my isp_
>{BLUEYONDER}. The one i am using just now is news.blueyonder.co.uk/ but
>there is another from the same isp but with way better retention levels and
>more groups. Can anyone plz help.

news-text.blueyonder.co.uk , non-binary.

As already posted, see the ISP's own links or you could always have
tried these groups,

blueyonder.discussion.usenet
blueyonder.users.self-help
blueyonder.users.faqs

Other servers, for binary stuff IIRC (may still be Alpha/Beta/Testing)
only

news-lhr.blueyonder.co.uk
fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk (very much a test box)

Me

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as fokker continued:

> I have recently just formated my comp and forgot the servers name i
> was using. Its not a subscribed server just a free one from my isp_
> {BLUEYONDER}. The one i am using just now is news.blueyonder.co.uk/
> but there is another from the same isp but with way better retention
> levels and more groups. Can anyone plz help.

Have you heard of the Internet ?
****ing wonderful, you can get loads of information free of charge, if
you can be ****in bothered.
--
slumpy
no more

fokker

"slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bmr1l4$pekh5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> I threw back my head and roared with laughter as fokker continued:
>
>> I have recently just formated my comp and forgot the servers name i
>> was using. Its not a subscribed server just a free one from my isp_
>> {BLUEYONDER}. The one i am using just now is news.blueyonder.co.uk/
>> but there is another from the same isp but with way better retention
>> levels and more groups. Can anyone plz help.

> Have you heard of the Internet ?
> ****ing wonderful, you can get loads of information free of charge, if
> you can be ****in bothered.

Have i heard of the internet?, lets see, i thought what i was using to
find some help, was an internet based program, correct me if im wrong
but isnt that what newsreaders are, there the programs that allow us to
read and send electronic mail messages through use of the internet. I
think what you mean is have i heard of a program called INTERNET
EXPLORER, and the awnser is yes i have thank you.

Rifleman

fokker wrote:
> "slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:bmr1l4$pekh5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:
>
>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
>> I threw back my head and roared with laughter as fokker continued:
>>
>>> I have recently just formated my comp and forgot the servers name i
>>> was using. Its not a subscribed server just a free one from my isp_
>>> {BLUEYONDER}. The one i am using just now is news.blueyonder.co.uk/
>>> but there is another from the same isp but with way better retention
>>> levels and more groups. Can anyone plz help.

>> Have you heard of the Internet ?
>> ****ing wonderful, you can get loads of information free of charge,
>> if you can be ****in bothered.

> Have i heard of the internet?, lets see, i thought what i was using to
> find some help, was an internet based program, correct me if im wrong
> but isnt that what newsreaders are, there the programs that allow us
> to read and send electronic mail messages through use of the
> internet. I think what you mean is have i heard of a program called
> INTERNET EXPLORER, and the awnser is yes i have thank you.

I think your name - fokker - is very apt.
Lazy fokker.

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as fokker continued:

>>> I have recently just formated my comp and forgot the servers name i
>>> was using. Its not a subscribed server just a free one from my isp_
>>> {BLUEYONDER}. The one i am using just now is news.blueyonder.co.uk/
>>> but there is another from the same isp but with way better retention
>>> levels and more groups. Can anyone plz help.

>> Have you heard of the Internet ?
>> ****ing wonderful, you can get loads of information free of charge,
>> if you can be ****in bothered.

> Have i heard of the internet?, lets see, i thought what i was using to
> find some help, was an internet based program, correct me if im wrong
> but isnt that what newsreaders are, there the programs that allow us
> to read and send electronic mail messages through use of the
> internet. I think what you mean is have i heard of a program called
> INTERNET EXPLORER, and the awnser is yes i have thank you.

So, instead of going to your ISP's website, you decided to come onto
Usenet and ask *someone* *else* to go on /your/ ISP's website, find the
information or page *you* need and post it back to you ?

Rifleman is so right - lazy Fokker.
--
slumpy
no more

It's a "24hourSUPPORT.helpdesk isn't it?
"slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmrbri$q83e0$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> threw back my head and roared with laughter as fokker continued:

> >> Have you heard of the Internet ?
> >> ****ing wonderful, you can get loads of information free of charge,
> >> if you can be ****in bothered.

> > Have i heard of the internet?, lets see, i thought what i was using to
> > find some help, was an internet based program, correct me if im wrong
> > but isnt that what newsreaders are, there the programs that allow us
> > to read and send electronic mail messages through use of the
> > internet. I think what you mean is have i heard of a program called
> > INTERNET EXPLORER, and the awnser is yes i have thank you.

> So, instead of going to your ISP's website, you decided to come onto
> Usenet and ask *someone* *else* to go on /your/ ISP's website, find the
> information or page *you* need and post it back to you ?
>
> Rifleman is so right - lazy Fokker.
> --
> slumpy
> no more
> no less
> just slumpy

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as 3263232 continued:

http://nj2t.net/personal/test/button/index2.htm
--
slumpy
no more