Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ASK FOR A CREDIT WHEN YOU CALL FOR HELP!

ASK FOR A CREDIT WHEN YOU CALL FOR HELP!

AL Capone

When my internet service does not work as good as it should I call in
and complain to tech support. they make a note of it. When it gets
better i call back in and ask for a credit for the time it did not work
up to par. They have always give me the credit. i have turned $86 a
month into $51 a month sometimes. This **** is expensive, when you
don't get what you are paying for quit - call for your credits. If they
loose enough money, either someone will buy them out or they will make
the service better.

I hope one day they have competition in my area, but they probally will
be as stupid competing with them as they have Directv

Adelphia $54 - month with less channels, in my area.
Directv $40 - but no affordable internet solution

Gio

"AL Capone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:181020030232459307%(E-Mail Removed)...
> When my internet service does not work as good as it should I call in
> and complain to tech support. they make a note of it. When it gets
> better i call back in and ask for a credit for the time it did not work
> up to par. They have always give me the credit. i have turned $86 a
> month into $51 a month sometimes. This **** is expensive, when you
> don't get what you are paying for quit - call for your credits. If they
> loose enough money, either someone will buy them out or they will make
> the service better.
>
> I hope one day they have competition in my area, but they probally will
> be as stupid competing with them as they have Directv
>
> Adelphia $54 - month with less channels, in my area.
> Directv $40 - but no affordable internet solution

Holy Crap!
I pay $29.00 a month CDN ( $22.00 USD ) for 24/7 ADSL unlimited usage, d/l
a gazillion gigs a month if you want with unlimited news server access, post
etc with excellent service to boot! (And they credit you without you having
to ask if they ever are down for any lenght of time which is extremely
rare)And I thought 29 bucks was alot... whoa......and you are on cable?
Yikes.

TRADESMAN

AL Capone wrote:
> When my internet service does not work as good as it should I call in
> and complain to tech support. they make a note of it. When it gets
> better i call back in and ask for a credit for the time it did not
> work up to par. They have always give me the credit. i have turned
> $86 a month into $51 a month sometimes. This **** is expensive, when
> you don't get what you are paying for quit - call for your credits.
> If they loose enough money, either someone will buy them out or they
> will make the service better.
>
> I hope one day they have competition in my area, but they probally
> will be as stupid competing with them as they have Directv
>
> Adelphia $54 - month with less channels, in my area.
> Directv $40 - but no affordable internet solution

One problem..most ISPs charge a premium rate for technical support and keep
you on the line for hours. Any rebate you might get would be swallowed up
and more!!

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Gio continued:

> "AL Capone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:181020030232459307%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> When my internet service does not work as good as it should I call in
>> and complain to tech support. they make a note of it. When it gets
>> better i call back in and ask for a credit for the time it did not
>> work up to par. They have always give me the credit. i have turned
>> $86 a month into $51 a month sometimes. This **** is expensive, when
>> you don't get what you are paying for quit - call for your credits.
>> If they loose enough money, either someone will buy them out or they
>> will make the service better.
>>
>> I hope one day they have competition in my area, but they probally
>> will be as stupid competing with them as they have Directv
>>
>> Adelphia $54 - month with less channels, in my area.
>> Directv $40 - but no affordable internet solution

> Holy Crap!
> I pay $29.00 a month CDN ( $22.00 USD ) for 24/7 ADSL unlimited
> usage, d/l a gazillion gigs a month if you want with unlimited news
> server access, post etc with excellent service to boot! (And they
> credit you without you having to ask if they ever are down for any
> lenght of time which is extremely rare)And I thought 29 bucks was
> alot... whoa......and you are on cable? Yikes.

I pay 22.50 (around $33 ?) a month for a similar service and my ISP
give full advance warning of any downtime, are very resposive, refuse to
keep you holding at 50p a minute and call you back to save you money.
And they speak English on the phone, have offices actually within the UK
and do not route your calls through Calcutta, Karachi or Jaipur.
--
slumpy
no more

William Poaster

It was on Sat, 18 Oct 2003 11:34:17 +0100, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that slumpy made this utterance:

> threw back my head and roared with laughter as Gio continued:
>
>> "AL Capone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:181020030232459307%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> When my internet service does not work as good as it should I call in
>>> and complain to tech support. they make a note of it. When it gets
>>> better i call back in and ask for a credit for the time it did not work
>>> up to par. They have always give me the credit. i have turned $86 a
>>> month into $51 a month sometimes. This **** is expensive, when you
>>> don't get what you are paying for quit - call for your credits. If they
>>> loose enough money, either someone will buy them out or they will make
>>> the service better.
>>>
>>> I hope one day they have competition in my area, but they probally will
>>> be as stupid competing with them as they have Directv
>>>
>>> Adelphia $54 - month with less channels, in my area. Directv $40 - but
>>> no affordable internet solution

>> Holy Crap!
>> I pay $29.00 a month CDN ( $22.00 USD ) for 24/7 ADSL unlimited usage,
>> d/l a gazillion gigs a month if you want with unlimited news server
>> access, post etc with excellent service to boot! (And they credit you
>> without you having to ask if they ever are down for any lenght of time
>> which is extremely rare)And I thought 29 bucks was alot... whoa......and
>> you are on cable? Yikes.

> I pay 22.50 (around $33 ?) a month for a similar service and my ISP give
> full advance warning of any downtime, are very resposive, refuse to keep
> you holding at 50p a minute and call you back to save you money. And they
> speak English on the phone, have offices actually within the UK and do not
> route your calls through Calcutta, Karachi or Jaipur.

Hmm...sounds similar to my ISP! There is also a forum too, which is handy
at times.

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as William Poaster
continued:

>> I pay 22.50 (around $33 ?) a month for a similar service and my ISP
>> give full advance warning of any downtime, are very resposive,
>> refuse to keep you holding at 50p a minute and call you back to save
>> you money. And they speak English on the phone, have offices
>> actually within the UK and do not route your calls through Calcutta,
>> Karachi or Jaipur.

> Hmm...sounds similar to my ISP! There is also a forum too, which is
> handy at times.

Mine too. Small company with people you can actually /talk/ to,
affordable tarriffs (various broadband, 6 I think), and it was
recommended to me by their first residential customer - oh, and static
IP's for 2 a month
--
slumpy
no more