Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE 6.0: Can' t change the privacy-settings anymore

IE 6.0: Can' t change the privacy-settings anymore

Luc Bonte

Since have reinstalled my pc (Win Me) I can' t change my privacy-settings
anymore.
In "IE/Extra/Internet Options…/Tab Privacy" they are shown as "Advanced or
imported settings", although nothing has been imported and the advanced
settings are not set.
When I try to set them on "Standard" or "Advanced…" they come always back to
the above-mentioned situation (I didn't' forget to press on "Apply").
I have some problems while accessing a website with personal financial data,
although their helpdesk says they can access my data without problems. I
suppose that the reason is because I can' t set my privacy-settings on
"Standard".
Does anybody know how I can change the privacy-settings?
Excuse me if some terms are not correct; I have them translated from IE in the
Dutch language.
Thanks in advance
Luc

Mike0000

Luc Bonte wrote:

> Since have reinstalled my pc (Win Me) I can' t change my privacy-settings
> anymore.
> In "IE/Extra/Internet Options…/Tab Privacy" they are shown as "Advanced or
> imported settings", although nothing has been imported and the advanced
> settings are not set.
> When I try to set them on "Standard" or "Advanced…" they come always back to
> the above-mentioned situation (I didn't' forget to press on "Apply").
> I have some problems while accessing a website with personal financial data,
> although their helpdesk says they can access my data without problems. I
> suppose that the reason is because I can' t set my privacy-settings on
> "Standard".
> Does anybody know how I can change the privacy-settings?
> Excuse me if some terms are not correct; I have them translated from IE in the
> Dutch language.
> Thanks in advance
> Luc

No idea. Have you tried a different browser like Mozilla?

http://www.mozilla.org/

--
Mike
Block Banner Ads Now

°Mike°

Close IE, and go to Control Panel / Internet Options /
Privacy tab. Press the 'Default' ("Standard"?) button
and make sure the slider is set at 'Medium'. Press the
'Apply' button, then 'Ok'.
If you now press the 'Advanced' button, the option to
'Override automatic cookie handling' should be unchecked.

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:26:46 +0000 (UTC), in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Luc Bonte scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance