Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Attachment Size

Attachment Size

claude nine

Why is it that an attachment of 1.4xx.xxxMB gets sent with a size of
1.9xx.xxxBMB. Not really important - just wondered

claude nine

Oops - sorry about the duplicate

joe

In the shower, claude nine sang:
> Why is it that an attachment of 1.4xx.xxxMB gets sent with a size of
> 1.9xx.xxxBMB. Not really important - just wondered

sent it twice, i see

ilmc

joe typed:
> In the shower, claude nine sang:
>> Why is it that an attachment of 1.4xx.xxxMB gets sent with a size of
>> 1.9xx.xxxBMB. Not really important - just wondered

> sent it twice, i see

(can't see OP or thread)
Binary encoding. Usenet works on 7-bit ASCII, not 8-bit binary.

joe

In the shower, ilmc sang:
> joe typed:
>> In the shower, claude nine sang:
>>> Why is it that an attachment of 1.4xx.xxxMB gets sent with a size of
>>> 1.9xx.xxxBMB. Not really important - just wondered

>> sent it twice, i see

> (can't see OP or thread)
> Binary encoding. Usenet works on 7-bit ASCII, not 8-bit binary.

ok, nothing against anybody

claude nine

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:22:40 GMT, "joe"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In the shower, claude nine sang:
>> Why is it that an attachment of 1.4xx.xxxMB gets sent with a size of
>> 1.9xx.xxxBMB. Not really important - just wondered

>sent it twice, i see

I also apologized for sending it twice - get off my case