Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cannot Delete, (The Delete Key Won't Work)

Lee Something

I Am Trying to Delete These Read Messeges From Here But My Delete Key Aint
Working on Outlook.

But it works on everyother piece of software i have,

This is very strange,

hope someone can help me

Regards

Lee

Harrison

If you right-click the messages, and click Delete, will they go?

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:21:14 +0100, "Lee Something"
<(E-Mail Removed) > wrote:

>I Am Trying to Delete These Read Messeges From Here But My Delete Key Aint
>Working on Outlook.
>
>But it works on everyother piece of software i have,
>
>This is very strange,
>
>hope someone can help me
>
>Regards
>
>Lee

joe

"Lee Something" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in
message news:bmka83$5js$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I Am Trying to Delete These Read Messeges From Here But My Delete Key Aint
> Working on Outlook.
>
> But it works on everyother piece of software i have,
>
> This is very strange,
>
> hope someone can help me
>
> Regards
>
> Lee

It is your OE software. Check in your preferences or in the HELP File.

Lee Something

I have tried but there is no delete option when i right-click

I'm using windows XP and IE 6.0

Regards

Lee

Brian H

Lee Something said:

> I have tried but there is no delete option when i right-click
>
> I'm using windows XP and IE 6.0
>
> Regards
>
> Lee

And your User Profile has Admin rights/permissions?

Patrick

Lee Something wrote:
> I have tried but there is no delete option when i right-click
>
> I'm using windows XP and IE 6.0
>
> Regards
>
> Lee

I have no 'delete' on a right-click !
I do have (that work) 'Delete' on the 'Edit' menu, a 'Delete' button on
Toolbar and the 'Delete' key on K'b

Lee Something

The delete option is there on the edit but it is "greyed" out

Regards

Lee

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2bijb.1397$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lee Something wrote:
> > I have tried but there is no delete option when i right-click
> >
> > I'm using windows XP and IE 6.0
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Lee

> I have no 'delete' on a right-click !
> I do have (that work) 'Delete' on the 'Edit' menu, a 'Delete' button on
> Toolbar and the 'Delete' key on K'b

Lee Something

Yea it has permissions, admin account

Lee

"Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:q5ijb.1387$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lee Something said:
>
> > I have tried but there is no delete option when i right-click
> >
> > I'm using windows XP and IE 6.0
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Lee

> And your User Profile has Admin rights/permissions?

Harrison

Is that how you delete or purge messages in OE?
I run Agent, so I don't know.

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:34:19 +0100, "Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Lee Something wrote:
>> I have tried but there is no delete option when i right-click
>>
>> I'm using windows XP and IE 6.0
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Lee

>I have no 'delete' on a right-click !
>I do have (that work) 'Delete' on the 'Edit' menu, a 'Delete' button on
>Toolbar and the 'Delete' key on K'b

Harrison

Found this on Google:

You may have a corrupted Inbox and Deleted Item folder.

1. In OE> FILE> Work Off-line.
2. Open the Inbox folder & Deleted Items folder, move all the messages
that you want to keep out of these files.
**In the future Do Not store large amounts of messages in your Inbox
folder, but create message rules to move them into Local folders that
you create, when they are first downloaded from the server.
3. In OE> TOOLS> Options> Maintenance Tab> Make sure Background
Compaction is turned off.
4. In OE> FILE> Folders> Compact All.
**Do nothing with your PC until this process has completed. You will
need to manually Compact your folders regularly in OE.
5. Close/restart OE.
6. From a local mail folder, copy a message into the Inbox folder (or
move a message into the Inbox folder that you have no problem
deleting).
7. In the Inbox folder, delete the message.
8. Left-click the Deleted Items folder> Select Empty "Deleted Items"
folder.

If this fails you will need to Delete both Inbox.dbx & Deleted
Items.dbx
files for that Identity.
1. Open OE> TOOLS> Options> Maintenance tab> Store folder button.\
2. Remember or write down the Path for the Folder containing OE's
*.DBX
files.
3. Close OE.
4. Open the folder containing OE's *.DBX files and DELETE, the
INBOX.dbx
& Deleted Items.dbx files.
5. Re-open OE, and you should be able to delete messages.